The media mogul discusses his rise to fame, dedication to his craft, some of the late greats like Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. But most importantly, he praised the black woman.
“When Black women are down with you and in your corner, you have an ally that will move heaven and earth,” he told the magazine.
Indeed it is true, but not everyone realizes it. Thanks Tyler for making it plain.
At any rate, the niche filmmaker has been empowered by black women, giving him the strength he needs to forge his own path through Hollywood.
He started from the back of his car and is now living it up with a net worth of $1 billion.
A new role has opened up for the actor. He’s been cast to play the role of Alex Cross, formerly played by Morgan Freeman. Perry actually beat out the smooth sexy Idris Elba (seems impossible right! – It was a set up… had to be).
Seriously, let’s take a detour here. Idris Elba is a phenomenal actor and quite attractive. He can play any role. How in the world was he beat out by… Madea? Tyler Perry is cool and all, but it’s going to be a challenge to see him in any other element besides his own film.
Maybe he’ll step up out of his strange, womanly, faith based element, and show us a little diversity in his acting game.
Check out the trailer below. Tell us what you think.
Besides that, Tyler’s stepped his game up and is working with Oprah now, developing some original content for OWN. He’s really doing some big things, one can’t hate on that. The November issue of Essence hits newsstands Oct. 10.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here