*Florida A&M drew intense criticism over the hazing death of their drum major, Robert Champion in 2011.
Champion’s death resulted in the firing of the university’s president–who claimed to be resigning– and the university’s band director.
Now one of the band members that were involved in the hazing Brian Jones, 23, of Parrish, Florida, plead no contest to the charges against him and was sentenced yesterday, according to the New York Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here