*Florida A&M drew intense criticism over the hazing death of their drum major, Robert Champion in 2011.
Champion’s death resulted in the firing of the university’s president–who claimed to be resigning– and the university’s band director.
Now one of the band members that were involved in the hazing Brian Jones, 23, of Parrish, Florida, plead no contest to the charges against him and was sentenced yesterday, according to the New York Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here