*Usher arrived empty handed at last night’s Pencils of Promise Gala in New York City, and left with a puppy.
The singer bid $12,000 for a goldendoodle that was up for auction at the annual charity event, which raises funds to build schools in Laos, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Ghana.
Ursh tried to win a puppy at last year’s auction, but was outbid by a family who eventually named the pooch Usher.
With a new dog at stake this year, Usher was determined to win, according to People.com. His initial bid of $10,000 was topped by fellow gala attendee Jessica Szhor, who placed an $11,000 bid. Not to be outdone two years in a row, Usher finally won the copper-colored puppy with a $12,000 offer.
Usher looked thrilled, throwing his hands up in the air to celebrate. The dog seemed to get attached to her new owner quickly, whining when Usher left his table to make a speech.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here