*Usher arrived empty handed at last night’s Pencils of Promise Gala in New York City, and left with a puppy.
The singer bid $12,000 for a goldendoodle that was up for auction at the annual charity event, which raises funds to build schools in Laos, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Ghana.
Ursh tried to win a puppy at last year’s auction, but was outbid by a family who eventually named the pooch Usher.
With a new dog at stake this year, Usher was determined to win, according to People.com. His initial bid of $10,000 was topped by fellow gala attendee Jessica Szhor, who placed an $11,000 bid. Not to be outdone two years in a row, Usher finally won the copper-colored puppy with a $12,000 offer.
Usher looked thrilled, throwing his hands up in the air to celebrate. The dog seemed to get attached to her new owner quickly, whining when Usher left his table to make a speech.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here