*Usher arrived empty handed at last night’s Pencils of Promise Gala in New York City, and left with a puppy.
The singer bid $12,000 for a goldendoodle that was up for auction at the annual charity event, which raises funds to build schools in Laos, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Ghana.
Ursh tried to win a puppy at last year’s auction, but was outbid by a family who eventually named the pooch Usher.
With a new dog at stake this year, Usher was determined to win, according to People.com. His initial bid of $10,000 was topped by fellow gala attendee Jessica Szhor, who placed an $11,000 bid. Not to be outdone two years in a row, Usher finally won the copper-colored puppy with a $12,000 offer.
Usher looked thrilled, throwing his hands up in the air to celebrate. The dog seemed to get attached to her new owner quickly, whining when Usher left his table to make a speech.
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here