*Usher arrived empty handed at last night’s Pencils of Promise Gala in New York City, and left with a puppy.
The singer bid $12,000 for a goldendoodle that was up for auction at the annual charity event, which raises funds to build schools in Laos, Nicaragua, Guatemala and Ghana.
Ursh tried to win a puppy at last year’s auction, but was outbid by a family who eventually named the pooch Usher.
With a new dog at stake this year, Usher was determined to win, according to People.com. His initial bid of $10,000 was topped by fellow gala attendee Jessica Szhor, who placed an $11,000 bid. Not to be outdone two years in a row, Usher finally won the copper-colored puppy with a $12,000 offer.
Usher looked thrilled, throwing his hands up in the air to celebrate. The dog seemed to get attached to her new owner quickly, whining when Usher left his table to make a speech.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Black Owned Beauty Supply Outlet Replaces Destroyed Korean Owned Store in Ferguson
- THE (10-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bessie Smith's Estate 'Thrilled' Over Four Emmy Wins for 'Bessie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here