*Vanessa Williams said she immediately thought of a certain jailed financial scoundrel from New York when she was first introduced to her character’s husband in the new ABC drama “666 Park Avenue.”
“I thought about the Madoffs immediately because they were extremely wealthy,” she told us. “They had incredible land holdings all over that people knew about and knew that they had a great amount of wealth. And then we all saw the dark side and what happened and how they created their empire.”
Williams plays Olivia Doran, the sophisticated ice queen of the Drake residential hotel located at 999 Park Avenue. Olivia is married to the building’s owner Gavin Doran (Terry O’Quinn), and together this supernatural couple – quietly and with a smile – wreaks havoc on their chosen targets in the building. [Meet the Dorans in the video below.]
“When I read the script for the pilot, I loved the world,” Williams said of the series, which premiered last Sunday at 10 p.m. “ Without giving a lot away, which most of you have seen the pilot, the first pages where you see the violinist playing, and you see the blood start to trickle down his fingers, and then they cut to Olivia and Gavin Doran watching him at the philharmonic and cut back to him and packing up his violin and rushing to a cab and running back to the building — I was completely taken from the very beginning, and I said, wow, this is compelling.
“It’s in a city that I love, and I’m glad to be shooting back home, and it’s a world that I wanted to explore. It’s the Upper East Side. It’s luxurious. It’s a couple that are very powerful.”
Below, Williams talks more about her character.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here