*Vanessa Williams said she immediately thought of a certain jailed financial scoundrel from New York when she was first introduced to her character’s husband in the new ABC drama “666 Park Avenue.”
“I thought about the Madoffs immediately because they were extremely wealthy,” she told us. “They had incredible land holdings all over that people knew about and knew that they had a great amount of wealth. And then we all saw the dark side and what happened and how they created their empire.”
Williams plays Olivia Doran, the sophisticated ice queen of the Drake residential hotel located at 999 Park Avenue. Olivia is married to the building’s owner Gavin Doran (Terry O’Quinn), and together this supernatural couple – quietly and with a smile – wreaks havoc on their chosen targets in the building. [Meet the Dorans in the video below.]
“When I read the script for the pilot, I loved the world,” Williams said of the series, which premiered last Sunday at 10 p.m. “ Without giving a lot away, which most of you have seen the pilot, the first pages where you see the violinist playing, and you see the blood start to trickle down his fingers, and then they cut to Olivia and Gavin Doran watching him at the philharmonic and cut back to him and packing up his violin and rushing to a cab and running back to the building — I was completely taken from the very beginning, and I said, wow, this is compelling.
“It’s in a city that I love, and I’m glad to be shooting back home, and it’s a world that I wanted to explore. It’s the Upper East Side. It’s luxurious. It’s a couple that are very powerful.”
Below, Williams talks more about her character.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here