*According to a report at Rhymes with Snitch, producers of a proposed Whitney Houston biopic are thinking Idris Elba and maybe Anthony Mackie when it comes to the Bobby Brown role.
Other names being kicked around for the starring role include the usual suspects including Jennifer Hudson and Halle Berry, among others. Meanwhile, Bobbi Kristina would be cast as … Bobbi Kristina.
Well, if that’s true, why couldn’t Bobby Brown be cast to play himself? Maybe because Cissy Houston, Whitney’s mother, would hav e a lot of say so about who’s casted and who isn’t. And we all know Mama Cissy and Bobby ain’t exactly on the same page.
Anyway, speaking of Cissy, the report also says Dianne Carroll and James Earl Jones are on the wish list to play Whitney’s parents John and Cissy Houston.
The film supposedly won’t sugar coat Whitney’s drug use or her tumultuous marriage to Brown.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here