*According to a report at Rhymes with Snitch, producers of a proposed Whitney Houston biopic are thinking Idris Elba and maybe Anthony Mackie when it comes to the Bobby Brown role.
Other names being kicked around for the starring role include the usual suspects including Jennifer Hudson and Halle Berry, among others. Meanwhile, Bobbi Kristina would be cast as … Bobbi Kristina.
Well, if that’s true, why couldn’t Bobby Brown be cast to play himself? Maybe because Cissy Houston, Whitney’s mother, would hav e a lot of say so about who’s casted and who isn’t. And we all know Mama Cissy and Bobby ain’t exactly on the same page.
Anyway, speaking of Cissy, the report also says Dianne Carroll and James Earl Jones are on the wish list to play Whitney’s parents John and Cissy Houston.
The film supposedly won’t sugar coat Whitney’s drug use or her tumultuous marriage to Brown.
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here