But, all of that is now changing; as the first single from his upcoming album release touches down at radio.
“You Reign” debuted at No. 22 with a bullet on the R&R Gospel chart.
“The song is absolutely Sunday morning,” says Murphy. “It is one of those songs that anybody and everybody in church can sing and will sing – which makes for an explosive worship experience.”
The soaring praise and worship anthem has actually been a staple within the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship ever since Murphy, the organization’s General Overseer of Worship, presented it at a Full Gospel conference a few years ago.
“One of the young people at my church began writing the song, and I finished it. When I presented it at Full Gospel, everyone loved it and started singing that version at their churches. When I started this CD project, I knew I had to record ‘You Reign.’ It is just saying to God that He is our strength, our everything; that He reigns absolutely in our lives.”
This Sunday Full Gospel churches around the country will sing the recorded version of the song – as they have decided to call Oct. 7 “You Reign Sunday” in support of William Murphy. Additionally, Murphy’s performance of the song will air on BET’s Bobby Jones Gospel December 23.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here