He’ll be playing Malcolm X in the Lifetime film, “Betty and Coretta.”
Blackfilm.com reports that the film is a story of Coretta Scott King and Dr. Betty Shabazz as they wore the crown of mother, wife, and civil rights activists before and after the death of their husbands.
The cast also includes Angela Bassett (King), Ruby Dee, Mary J. Blige (Shabazz), and Malik Yoba (Dr. King).
Harris is best known for his role on the HBO television drama, “The Wire” as the drug kingpin “Avon Barksdale.” He’s also had a bit of experience playing real life people like Jimi Hendrix in the 2000 Showtime film, “Hendrix.”
“I’m surprisingly very prepared for the role,” he told Blackfilm.com. “When I auditioned for New York University and I got in, I used my Malcolm X speech. I was very much into being Malcolm. I think people will be surprised to see me as Malcolm X because I’d probably do a great job at it.”
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here