He’ll be playing Malcolm X in the Lifetime film, “Betty and Coretta.”
Blackfilm.com reports that the film is a story of Coretta Scott King and Dr. Betty Shabazz as they wore the crown of mother, wife, and civil rights activists before and after the death of their husbands.
The cast also includes Angela Bassett (King), Ruby Dee, Mary J. Blige (Shabazz), and Malik Yoba (Dr. King).
Harris is best known for his role on the HBO television drama, “The Wire” as the drug kingpin “Avon Barksdale.” He’s also had a bit of experience playing real life people like Jimi Hendrix in the 2000 Showtime film, “Hendrix.”
“I’m surprisingly very prepared for the role,” he told Blackfilm.com. “When I auditioned for New York University and I got in, I used my Malcolm X speech. I was very much into being Malcolm. I think people will be surprised to see me as Malcolm X because I’d probably do a great job at it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here