He’ll be playing Malcolm X in the Lifetime film, “Betty and Coretta.”
Blackfilm.com reports that the film is a story of Coretta Scott King and Dr. Betty Shabazz as they wore the crown of mother, wife, and civil rights activists before and after the death of their husbands.
The cast also includes Angela Bassett (King), Ruby Dee, Mary J. Blige (Shabazz), and Malik Yoba (Dr. King).
Harris is best known for his role on the HBO television drama, “The Wire” as the drug kingpin “Avon Barksdale.” He’s also had a bit of experience playing real life people like Jimi Hendrix in the 2000 Showtime film, “Hendrix.”
“I’m surprisingly very prepared for the role,” he told Blackfilm.com. “When I auditioned for New York University and I got in, I used my Malcolm X speech. I was very much into being Malcolm. I think people will be surprised to see me as Malcolm X because I’d probably do a great job at it.”
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here