He’ll be playing Malcolm X in the Lifetime film, “Betty and Coretta.”
Blackfilm.com reports that the film is a story of Coretta Scott King and Dr. Betty Shabazz as they wore the crown of mother, wife, and civil rights activists before and after the death of their husbands.
The cast also includes Angela Bassett (King), Ruby Dee, Mary J. Blige (Shabazz), and Malik Yoba (Dr. King).
Harris is best known for his role on the HBO television drama, “The Wire” as the drug kingpin “Avon Barksdale.” He’s also had a bit of experience playing real life people like Jimi Hendrix in the 2000 Showtime film, “Hendrix.”
“I’m surprisingly very prepared for the role,” he told Blackfilm.com. “When I auditioned for New York University and I got in, I used my Malcolm X speech. I was very much into being Malcolm. I think people will be surprised to see me as Malcolm X because I’d probably do a great job at it.”
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here