*Ladies, get those big church hats out for L.A. Focus News’ 15th annual “First Ladies High Tea” hosted by Yolanda Adams at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 12 noon to 3:00 pm.
Actor, comedian and director, Cedric The Entertainer will be the program’s announcer and award winning gospel duo, Mary Mary will receive the Spirit Award. Attendees will enjoy live performances by actress and gospel singer Tamela Mann, along with gospel singer Kathy Taylor Brown. Other celebrity guests include; actress Elise Neal, David (Meet The Browns) Mann, musician Sheila E, Sheree (Hollywood Exes) Fletcher and others.
The event will honor women and first ladies who have served the communities well, through their activism and charitable contributions. The First Lady Honorees include; Rev. Beverly “Bam” Crawford, Bible Enrichment Fellowship International; Tisa Hill, Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church; Togetta Ulmer, Faithful Central Bible Church and Evelyn Perkins, True Friendship Baptist Church.
This year’s theme is “Respecting Ourselves And Each Other” received over 500 sponsored submissions by young women ages 15 to 18. The Grand Prize winner will officially announced and presented with the $1500 cash prize.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here