After being signed by Simon Cowell (American Idol) and Rob Fursari (Lady Gaga, Beyonce and more) at just nine years-old, her trail has been ablazing!
Russell—a Los Angeles-based recording artist—has been on a whirlwind journey, breaking into the music industry, and captivating fans and high level music industry professionals along the way.
It is not just the fact that Russell sings, that has people talking. This tiny vocalist is every bit a powerhouse. She also writes and plays her own music. Her song “Never Ending Story” will move you to tears.
At just three years-old, Russell could “double” her own voice perfectly!
At six, Russell’s mother was amazed to discover that her little girl had perfect pitch, could vocalize complex semitone runs, and sing in vibrato.
At eight, Russell taught herself how to play the piano even composing her first complete song, “Beautiful”. Today, 12-year-old Heather Russell has penned 60 songs, 40 of which have been produced. She has collaborated with a number of other artists, including several Grammy winners.
The songwriting skills Russell has acquired working alongside her father (also a professional musician) has helped her successfully break into the music writing and publishing industry. Russell has also written and co-written all of the radio-ready songs she sings, songs that have helped this young preteen amass a huge Youtube following. Most notably, Russell has penned tunes for major recording labels, most recently, a song for Jimmy Iovine for Interscope Records.
On Valentine’s Day, 2010, MSNBC played the “Listen Up” video, prompting tweets from celebrities like Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. The buzz grew as viewers searched the internet for all of Heather’s music. In 2011, the family relocated to Los Angeles to chase Heather’s musical dream.
Inspired by artists as diverse as Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake, Queen, Bruno Mars and Adele, Heather has been able to stylize these musical influences into a sound that is all her own. Here are some standouts in her already substantial catalog: the epic cry of devotion, “Crazy Glue”; the aching “I Can’t Call Your Name”; the Beatles-meet-R&B ode, “Made of Love”; the delicate, devastated “She Needs Love”; the Motown-inflected “Don’t Know What Ya Got”; the pounding anthem “Where Is Your Heart?”; and the wistful, playfully romantic “Radio Flyer.”
With such an impressive “start” it’s hard to believe she is only 12. Heather Russell’s boundless talent is assurance that her music career is just beginning.
For more information and to support this amazing talent, please visit:
Public Relations and Marketing Director
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here