*50 Cent’s former friendship with boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has spiraled down into an inevitable exchange of insults played out across Twitter.
The former partners and BFFs fell out when plans to set up fight promotion company TMT fell through. As previously reported, the rapper, real name Curtis Jackson, is now in business with Mayweather’s boxing rival Manny Pacquaio.
Announcing he had severed all ties with Mayweather, Jr. last week, 50 claimed Mayweather failed to honor an agreement to fund the original joint venture.
In a series of Twitter posts, the G-Unit mogul wrote, “TMT Is Over. the money team is no longer a team… I’m no longer apart or down with TMT promotions… cause the other half of the money team Didnt put up there $Money$ (sic).”
After that post, things got ugly.
Mayweather tweeted in response: “Men lie… women lie numbers don’t lie. Wayne, Drake, Rick Ross, Kanye please help this boy.” The boxer linked the tweet to a chart featuring 50 Cent’s declining album sales in recent years.
Mayweather went on to call 50 “A male boxing groupie…,” adding, “hold my belts because your album sales have declined.”
50 Cent responded: “Money Floyd you know I have more Money then you (sic)… you go broke every fight stupid.”
Then again – all of this back and forth could be a stunt to generate buzz for a planned boxing match between Mayweather and 50s boxer, undefeated Cuban Yuriorkis Gamboa.
The rap star writes, “Gamboa Is Mad Floyd. He gonna beat ya a** man. He (is) moving up in weight.”
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here