*50 Cent has just expanded his business portfolio.
The Nevada Athletic Commission said Monday that the rapper won approval last week for a promoter’s license, clearing the way for him to set up fights through his new company SMS promotions.
SMS is handling a Dec. 8 bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas between Cuban-born Miami-based boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa and an opponent yet to be named.
As previously reported, 50 Cent and boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. had been talking about forming a promotions company called TMT Promotions, but the rapper told the commission those plans fell through, and the fledgling business was being absorbed by SMS Promotions.
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here