*50 Cent has just expanded his business portfolio.
The Nevada Athletic Commission said Monday that the rapper won approval last week for a promoter’s license, clearing the way for him to set up fights through his new company SMS promotions.
SMS is handling a Dec. 8 bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas between Cuban-born Miami-based boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa and an opponent yet to be named.
As previously reported, 50 Cent and boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. had been talking about forming a promotions company called TMT Promotions, but the rapper told the commission those plans fell through, and the fledgling business was being absorbed by SMS Promotions.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here