*50 Cent has just expanded his business portfolio.
The Nevada Athletic Commission said Monday that the rapper won approval last week for a promoter’s license, clearing the way for him to set up fights through his new company SMS promotions.
SMS is handling a Dec. 8 bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas between Cuban-born Miami-based boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa and an opponent yet to be named.
As previously reported, 50 Cent and boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. had been talking about forming a promotions company called TMT Promotions, but the rapper told the commission those plans fell through, and the fledgling business was being absorbed by SMS Promotions.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here