*The African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) held a reception and screening of “Rise of the Guardians” on Saturday, November 17 in honor of the film’s African American director, Peter Ramsey.
The event began at the RAVE Cinemas Baldwin Hills and was followed by a lively Q & A and awards reception at the Post and Beam restaurant. The theater was filled to capacity with 207 VIP guests of AAFCA, including industry professionals and members of grassroots organizations including the NAACP and students from the Debbie Allen Dance Academy and Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center, among others.
A gathering of 100 VIP guests met at the reception joined by Gil Robertson, AAFCA President; Kathy Williamson, AAFCA West Coast Vice President; and veteran animator Leo Sullivan in honoring Ramsey with a distinguished AAFCA Award for his outstanding contribution in the field of Animation. Ramsey also received a proclamation from the city of Los Angeles from the office of Councilman Bernard Parks. A champagne toast to the legacy of African-American animators rounded out the event as the final acknowledgment of Ramseyʼs trailblazing excellence as an animator and director.
For more information, visit AAFCA.com.
Watch the trailer for Ramsey’s ‘Rise of the Guardians':
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here