*The African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) held a reception and screening of “Rise of the Guardians” on Saturday, November 17 in honor of the film’s African American director, Peter Ramsey.
The event began at the RAVE Cinemas Baldwin Hills and was followed by a lively Q & A and awards reception at the Post and Beam restaurant. The theater was filled to capacity with 207 VIP guests of AAFCA, including industry professionals and members of grassroots organizations including the NAACP and students from the Debbie Allen Dance Academy and Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center, among others.
A gathering of 100 VIP guests met at the reception joined by Gil Robertson, AAFCA President; Kathy Williamson, AAFCA West Coast Vice President; and veteran animator Leo Sullivan in honoring Ramsey with a distinguished AAFCA Award for his outstanding contribution in the field of Animation. Ramsey also received a proclamation from the city of Los Angeles from the office of Councilman Bernard Parks. A champagne toast to the legacy of African-American animators rounded out the event as the final acknowledgment of Ramseyʼs trailblazing excellence as an animator and director.
For more information, visit AAFCA.com.
Watch the trailer for Ramsey’s ‘Rise of the Guardians’:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here