*The African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) held a reception and screening of “Rise of the Guardians” on Saturday, November 17 in honor of the film’s African American director, Peter Ramsey.
The event began at the RAVE Cinemas Baldwin Hills and was followed by a lively Q & A and awards reception at the Post and Beam restaurant. The theater was filled to capacity with 207 VIP guests of AAFCA, including industry professionals and members of grassroots organizations including the NAACP and students from the Debbie Allen Dance Academy and Al Wooten Jr. Heritage Center, among others.
A gathering of 100 VIP guests met at the reception joined by Gil Robertson, AAFCA President; Kathy Williamson, AAFCA West Coast Vice President; and veteran animator Leo Sullivan in honoring Ramsey with a distinguished AAFCA Award for his outstanding contribution in the field of Animation. Ramsey also received a proclamation from the city of Los Angeles from the office of Councilman Bernard Parks. A champagne toast to the legacy of African-American animators rounded out the event as the final acknowledgment of Ramseyʼs trailblazing excellence as an animator and director.
For more information, visit AAFCA.com.
Watch the trailer for Ramsey’s ‘Rise of the Guardians':
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here