*ABC tried something new with “Last Resort” and “666 Park Avenue,” but their try was to no avail.
Both shows were canceled due to low ratings.
Critics say the dramas had a promising future, but they could have been too good for the regular, reality television drained audience.
They started off strong, but viewers’ interest began to dissipate as the show wore on.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Last Resort,” starring Andre Braugher, averaged 7.3 million viewers, but the last episode garnered the least amount of viewers in the show’s short history, with only 5.8 million viewers.
As for Vanessa Williams’ “666 Park Avenue,” the show brought in an average of 5 million, dropping to 4 million during the last episode.
The shows aren’t going to just go off the air immediately. Instead, they’ll continue through 13 episodes. After that, they will be no more.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here