*ABC tried something new with “Last Resort” and “666 Park Avenue,” but their try was to no avail.
Both shows were canceled due to low ratings.
Critics say the dramas had a promising future, but they could have been too good for the regular, reality television drained audience.
They started off strong, but viewers’ interest began to dissipate as the show wore on.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Last Resort,” starring Andre Braugher, averaged 7.3 million viewers, but the last episode garnered the least amount of viewers in the show’s short history, with only 5.8 million viewers.
As for Vanessa Williams’ “666 Park Avenue,” the show brought in an average of 5 million, dropping to 4 million during the last episode.
The shows aren’t going to just go off the air immediately. Instead, they’ll continue through 13 episodes. After that, they will be no more.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here