*ABC tried something new with “Last Resort” and “666 Park Avenue,” but their try was to no avail.
Both shows were canceled due to low ratings.
Critics say the dramas had a promising future, but they could have been too good for the regular, reality television drained audience.
They started off strong, but viewers’ interest began to dissipate as the show wore on.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Last Resort,” starring Andre Braugher, averaged 7.3 million viewers, but the last episode garnered the least amount of viewers in the show’s short history, with only 5.8 million viewers.
As for Vanessa Williams’ “666 Park Avenue,” the show brought in an average of 5 million, dropping to 4 million during the last episode.
The shows aren’t going to just go off the air immediately. Instead, they’ll continue through 13 episodes. After that, they will be no more.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here