*ABC tried something new with “Last Resort” and “666 Park Avenue,” but their try was to no avail.
Both shows were canceled due to low ratings.
Critics say the dramas had a promising future, but they could have been too good for the regular, reality television drained audience.
They started off strong, but viewers’ interest began to dissipate as the show wore on.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Last Resort,” starring Andre Braugher, averaged 7.3 million viewers, but the last episode garnered the least amount of viewers in the show’s short history, with only 5.8 million viewers.
As for Vanessa Williams’ “666 Park Avenue,” the show brought in an average of 5 million, dropping to 4 million during the last episode.
The shows aren’t going to just go off the air immediately. Instead, they’ll continue through 13 episodes. After that, they will be no more.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here