According to a recent report, African Americans are leading in the invention of new words on Twitter.
Jacob Eisenstein at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, examined 30 million tweets from several U.S. cities between December 2009 and May 2011.
As you sit there and wonder who has time to examine 30 million tweets, he concluded that “bruh” and “ctfu” (cracking the f*ck up) were among the most widely spread new terms.
He also found that cities with similar economic conditions and ethnic demographics often shared the same tweet language.
Just thought you’d like to know.
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here