According to a recent report, African Americans are leading in the invention of new words on Twitter.
Jacob Eisenstein at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, examined 30 million tweets from several U.S. cities between December 2009 and May 2011.
As you sit there and wonder who has time to examine 30 million tweets, he concluded that “bruh” and “ctfu” (cracking the f*ck up) were among the most widely spread new terms.
He also found that cities with similar economic conditions and ethnic demographics often shared the same tweet language.
Just thought you’d like to know.
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here