According to a recent report, African Americans are leading in the invention of new words on Twitter.
Jacob Eisenstein at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, examined 30 million tweets from several U.S. cities between December 2009 and May 2011.
As you sit there and wonder who has time to examine 30 million tweets, he concluded that “bruh” and “ctfu” (cracking the f*ck up) were among the most widely spread new terms.
He also found that cities with similar economic conditions and ethnic demographics often shared the same tweet language.
Just thought you’d like to know.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here