According to a recent report, African Americans are leading in the invention of new words on Twitter.
Jacob Eisenstein at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, examined 30 million tweets from several U.S. cities between December 2009 and May 2011.
As you sit there and wonder who has time to examine 30 million tweets, he concluded that “bruh” and “ctfu” (cracking the f*ck up) were among the most widely spread new terms.
He also found that cities with similar economic conditions and ethnic demographics often shared the same tweet language.
Just thought you’d like to know.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here