According to a recent report, African Americans are leading in the invention of new words on Twitter.
Jacob Eisenstein at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, examined 30 million tweets from several U.S. cities between December 2009 and May 2011.
As you sit there and wonder who has time to examine 30 million tweets, he concluded that “bruh” and “ctfu” (cracking the f*ck up) were among the most widely spread new terms.
He also found that cities with similar economic conditions and ethnic demographics often shared the same tweet language.
Just thought you’d like to know.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here