*Alicia Keys is trying to squash ongoing talk that she began dating husband Swizz Beatz while he was still married.
The music producer and singer Mashonda separated in 2008, just before Beatz, real name Kasseem Dean, began seeing Keys.
The “Girl on Fire” hitmaker has been dogged by rumors she broke up the former couple’s four-year marriage, but she claims to have done nothing wrong.
“(Mashonda and Beatz) were apart for some time before we ever got together,” she tells Jet magazine, (but) that doesn’t matter to those who take pleasure in trying to knock others down.”
And Keys, who exchanged vows with Beatz in 2010, insists she is tired of having to defend herself to the media: “There’s no need to fight what’s not true.”
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here