*Alicia Keys is trying to squash ongoing talk that she began dating husband Swizz Beatz while he was still married.
The music producer and singer Mashonda separated in 2008, just before Beatz, real name Kasseem Dean, began seeing Keys.
The “Girl on Fire” hitmaker has been dogged by rumors she broke up the former couple’s four-year marriage, but she claims to have done nothing wrong.
“(Mashonda and Beatz) were apart for some time before we ever got together,” she tells Jet magazine, (but) that doesn’t matter to those who take pleasure in trying to knock others down.”
And Keys, who exchanged vows with Beatz in 2010, insists she is tired of having to defend herself to the media: “There’s no need to fight what’s not true.”
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here