*Alicia Keys is trying to squash ongoing talk that she began dating husband Swizz Beatz while he was still married.
The music producer and singer Mashonda separated in 2008, just before Beatz, real name Kasseem Dean, began seeing Keys.
The “Girl on Fire” hitmaker has been dogged by rumors she broke up the former couple’s four-year marriage, but she claims to have done nothing wrong.
“(Mashonda and Beatz) were apart for some time before we ever got together,” she tells Jet magazine, (but) that doesn’t matter to those who take pleasure in trying to knock others down.”
And Keys, who exchanged vows with Beatz in 2010, insists she is tired of having to defend herself to the media: “There’s no need to fight what’s not true.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here