*Alicia Keys took her “Girl on Fire” train to “The X Factor” Thursday night to perform the album’s title track on the live Results Show. [Scroll down to watch.]
Her appearance follows an historic night in her New York hometown earlier this week, where she and the entire city saw the Empire State Building put on a light show to the beat of “Girl on Fire” as well as the song the building inspired, “Empire State of Mind.”
After leaving the “X Factor” stage in Los Angeles, she told us how much she identifies with the hopes and dreams of the contestants as she delivered her first new music in three years.
“First of all, just to be able to bring people the new music that’s out, to feel the energy of how they feel it – that was fantastic,” she said backstage. “As an artist, I understand how it feels to want to be heard. The people in this competition, they have a talent and it’s a great opportunity to be heard.”
Alicia says she’s “literally more excited about this ‘Girl on Fire’ record than any record that I’ve ever done. Ever.” Below, she explains why.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here