*Alicia Keys took her “Girl on Fire” train to “The X Factor” Thursday night to perform the album’s title track on the live Results Show. [Scroll down to watch.]
Her appearance follows an historic night in her New York hometown earlier this week, where she and the entire city saw the Empire State Building put on a light show to the beat of “Girl on Fire” as well as the song the building inspired, “Empire State of Mind.”
After leaving the “X Factor” stage in Los Angeles, she told us how much she identifies with the hopes and dreams of the contestants as she delivered her first new music in three years.
“First of all, just to be able to bring people the new music that’s out, to feel the energy of how they feel it – that was fantastic,” she said backstage. “As an artist, I understand how it feels to want to be heard. The people in this competition, they have a talent and it’s a great opportunity to be heard.”
Alicia says she’s “literally more excited about this ‘Girl on Fire’ record than any record that I’ve ever done. Ever.” Below, she explains why.
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here