*Alicia Keys took her “Girl on Fire” train to “The X Factor” Thursday night to perform the album’s title track on the live Results Show. [Scroll down to watch.]
Her appearance follows an historic night in her New York hometown earlier this week, where she and the entire city saw the Empire State Building put on a light show to the beat of “Girl on Fire” as well as the song the building inspired, “Empire State of Mind.”
After leaving the “X Factor” stage in Los Angeles, she told us how much she identifies with the hopes and dreams of the contestants as she delivered her first new music in three years.
“First of all, just to be able to bring people the new music that’s out, to feel the energy of how they feel it – that was fantastic,” she said backstage. “As an artist, I understand how it feels to want to be heard. The people in this competition, they have a talent and it’s a great opportunity to be heard.”
Alicia says she’s “literally more excited about this ‘Girl on Fire’ record than any record that I’ve ever done. Ever.” Below, she explains why.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here