*Alicia Keys took her “Girl on Fire” train to “The X Factor” Thursday night to perform the album’s title track on the live Results Show. [Scroll down to watch.]
Her appearance follows an historic night in her New York hometown earlier this week, where she and the entire city saw the Empire State Building put on a light show to the beat of “Girl on Fire” as well as the song the building inspired, “Empire State of Mind.”
After leaving the “X Factor” stage in Los Angeles, she told us how much she identifies with the hopes and dreams of the contestants as she delivered her first new music in three years.
“First of all, just to be able to bring people the new music that’s out, to feel the energy of how they feel it – that was fantastic,” she said backstage. “As an artist, I understand how it feels to want to be heard. The people in this competition, they have a talent and it’s a great opportunity to be heard.”
Alicia says she’s “literally more excited about this ‘Girl on Fire’ record than any record that I’ve ever done. Ever.” Below, she explains why.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here