Following her role in Fox’s Karyn Usher (untitled) spy drama pilot last season, she is set to co-executive produce and star in the NBC drama, “Vanishing Point,” penned by “Source Code” writer Ben Ripley.
The project is described as a character-driven legal franchise revolving around two women. Bassett plays a brilliant yet unsympathetic rainmaker at a powerful NYC law firm, whose world is suddenly and permanently upended by a health issue.
Facing this crisis, she makes her condition public and vows to continue her practice with the help of a young brilliant attorney she chooses to be her right hand.
Sony TV is producing the project, with Ripley executive producing alongside Sony TV-based producers Deborah Spera and Maria Grasso.
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here