*The nightmare for that Cleveland RTA bus driver is far from over.
Artis Hughes, the man who upper cutted an irate female passenger a while ago, was fired from his job.
Besides the fact that any woman who reads the news will probably never get with him, he’s now jobless. Double whammy.
RTA issued a statement following the company’s course of action, explaining that Artis’ actions were inexcusable and doesn’t follow with the company’s conflict policies.
“Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim,” the statement read. “We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation. The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance.”
However, the employee manual says that in extreme cases such as self defense is it reasonable to use force.
The video of the incident shows Artis reacting to the passenger after the woman spit on him. When reports first surfaced, there was question whether or not she landed the first blow.
Watch the hit:
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here