*The nightmare for that Cleveland RTA bus driver is far from over.
Artis Hughes, the man who upper cutted an irate female passenger a while ago, was fired from his job.
Besides the fact that any woman who reads the news will probably never get with him, he’s now jobless. Double whammy.
RTA issued a statement following the company’s course of action, explaining that Artis’ actions were inexcusable and doesn’t follow with the company’s conflict policies.
“Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim,” the statement read. “We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation. The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance.”
However, the employee manual says that in extreme cases such as self defense is it reasonable to use force.
The video of the incident shows Artis reacting to the passenger after the woman spit on him. When reports first surfaced, there was question whether or not she landed the first blow.
Watch the hit:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Chris and Adrienne Bosh Expecting 3rd Child Together Next Spring
- Atlanta Hawks Player Thabo Sefolosha Acquitted in NYC Arrest Case
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here