*The nightmare for that Cleveland RTA bus driver is far from over.
Artis Hughes, the man who upper cutted an irate female passenger a while ago, was fired from his job.
Besides the fact that any woman who reads the news will probably never get with him, he’s now jobless. Double whammy.
RTA issued a statement following the company’s course of action, explaining that Artis’ actions were inexcusable and doesn’t follow with the company’s conflict policies.
“Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim,” the statement read. “We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation. The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance.”
However, the employee manual says that in extreme cases such as self defense is it reasonable to use force.
The video of the incident shows Artis reacting to the passenger after the woman spit on him. When reports first surfaced, there was question whether or not she landed the first blow.
Watch the hit:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here