*The nightmare for that Cleveland RTA bus driver is far from over.
Artis Hughes, the man who upper cutted an irate female passenger a while ago, was fired from his job.
Besides the fact that any woman who reads the news will probably never get with him, he’s now jobless. Double whammy.
RTA issued a statement following the company’s course of action, explaining that Artis’ actions were inexcusable and doesn’t follow with the company’s conflict policies.
“Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim,” the statement read. “We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation. The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance.”
However, the employee manual says that in extreme cases such as self defense is it reasonable to use force.
The video of the incident shows Artis reacting to the passenger after the woman spit on him. When reports first surfaced, there was question whether or not she landed the first blow.
Watch the hit:
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here