*The nightmare for that Cleveland RTA bus driver is far from over.
Artis Hughes, the man who upper cutted an irate female passenger a while ago, was fired from his job.
Besides the fact that any woman who reads the news will probably never get with him, he’s now jobless. Double whammy.
RTA issued a statement following the company’s course of action, explaining that Artis’ actions were inexcusable and doesn’t follow with the company’s conflict policies.
“Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim,” the statement read. “We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation. The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance.”
However, the employee manual says that in extreme cases such as self defense is it reasonable to use force.
The video of the incident shows Artis reacting to the passenger after the woman spit on him. When reports first surfaced, there was question whether or not she landed the first blow.
Watch the hit:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here