*In excerpts released from a cover story interview in the December/January issue of XXL magazine, Chris Brown addressed a variety of hot topics, including another denial of a romantic relationship with ex-girlfriend Rihanna, his beef with Drake (allegedly over Rihanna) and his sometimes impulsive social media past.
“One thing people often want me to talk about is my public love life,” he said in what is touted as his first major interview in two years. “When it comes to my love life, the perception seems as though I am a player. But that’s not true … Love is something I am still learning. It’s just an obstacle that I haven’t yet mastered. I think that’s my biggest hurdle in life.”
The singer also addressed his Twitter game in the interview, which took place before his verbal showdown with comedian Jenny Johnson that resulted in him deleting his account. He admits to being too quick to hit “send” in the past.
“I haven’t been as mature and thought out in the past, so, me growing now, it’s showing my progression,” said Brown of his difficulty in the past with keeping his cool on social media. “I used to use my Twitter account to vent, but now I mostly use it for marketing and promotions. Even if the media asks me something, if it’s cool then it’s, ‘What’s up?’ But if it’s anything that’s too negative, I don’t care to respond.”
After keeping his silence on the June club brawl between his crew and Drake’s that has resulted in a string of lawsuits (but no criminal charges for either man), Brown said little to explain the origin of the beef.
“A lot of people wanna know about the whole situation with me, Drake and Meek Mill,” he said. “At the end of the day, I’m me, they’re them. They rap, I sing. Totally different caliber. I rap, I play around on mixtapes. But our words don’t collide as much as you’d think.”
Bottom line, said Brown? He uses his painting and music as an outlet to get through the confusion of his life. “I try to promote positivity and love,” he said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here