In a recent interview with BlackFilm.com, he talked about maybe staring in the English version remake of hit French film “The Intouchables.”
“I’ve seen it and yes, I have been talking with them (producers) about doing it,” he said. “I hope something will come out of it because I really like the movie and they are in the process of getting it together. So there’s a possibility that it might happen.”
The film is just in the beginning stages of development – producers are still rounding up key players like the director. Variety reported earlier this year that “Bridesmaids” director Paul Fieg was being recruited along with Colin Firth to play a co-starring role.
Based on a true story, “Intouchables” captures the unlikely pairing of a handicapped millionaire and his ex-con caretaker. Established in hilarious tragedy, the film was released in the U.S. over the summer, becoming the highest grossing foreign film in North America.
Watch the trailer for “The Intouchables”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here