In a recent interview with BlackFilm.com, he talked about maybe staring in the English version remake of hit French film “The Intouchables.”
“I’ve seen it and yes, I have been talking with them (producers) about doing it,” he said. “I hope something will come out of it because I really like the movie and they are in the process of getting it together. So there’s a possibility that it might happen.”
The film is just in the beginning stages of development – producers are still rounding up key players like the director. Variety reported earlier this year that “Bridesmaids” director Paul Fieg was being recruited along with Colin Firth to play a co-starring role.
Based on a true story, “Intouchables” captures the unlikely pairing of a handicapped millionaire and his ex-con caretaker. Established in hilarious tragedy, the film was released in the U.S. over the summer, becoming the highest grossing foreign film in North America.
Watch the trailer for “The Intouchables”:
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here