In a recent interview with BlackFilm.com, he talked about maybe staring in the English version remake of hit French film “The Intouchables.”
“I’ve seen it and yes, I have been talking with them (producers) about doing it,” he said. “I hope something will come out of it because I really like the movie and they are in the process of getting it together. So there’s a possibility that it might happen.”
The film is just in the beginning stages of development – producers are still rounding up key players like the director. Variety reported earlier this year that “Bridesmaids” director Paul Fieg was being recruited along with Colin Firth to play a co-starring role.
Based on a true story, “Intouchables” captures the unlikely pairing of a handicapped millionaire and his ex-con caretaker. Established in hilarious tragedy, the film was released in the U.S. over the summer, becoming the highest grossing foreign film in North America.
Watch the trailer for “The Intouchables”:
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here