In a recent interview with BlackFilm.com, he talked about maybe staring in the English version remake of hit French film “The Intouchables.”
“I’ve seen it and yes, I have been talking with them (producers) about doing it,” he said. “I hope something will come out of it because I really like the movie and they are in the process of getting it together. So there’s a possibility that it might happen.”
The film is just in the beginning stages of development – producers are still rounding up key players like the director. Variety reported earlier this year that “Bridesmaids” director Paul Fieg was being recruited along with Colin Firth to play a co-starring role.
Based on a true story, “Intouchables” captures the unlikely pairing of a handicapped millionaire and his ex-con caretaker. Established in hilarious tragedy, the film was released in the U.S. over the summer, becoming the highest grossing foreign film in North America.
Watch the trailer for “The Intouchables”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here