*In “Silver Linings Playbook,” Chris Tucker and Bradley Cooper play close friends who meet when they are both patients in a psychiatric hospital.
Cooper’s Pat Solitano, a former schoolteacher, is sent there for eight months as part of a plea bargain. He caught his wife showering with another man and nearly beat the man to death during a violent breakdown.
Upon his release, Pat’s mom Dolores (Jacki Weaver) arrives from Philly to pick him up, only to discover that his friend Danny (Tucker) could also use a ride home. The only problem is – Danny was never actually released.
“My role was a smaller role, but there was so much depth to the character,” Tucker tells us during interviews for the film in New York. “Working with [director] David O’Russell (“The Fighter”), he brings so many things out of you, and he’s right there with you helping you along the way. And the dialogue is so great. It made me look smart, actually.
“This was one of the most important roles I’ve ever done because a lot of people haven’t seen me do dramatic roles a lot. I had a good time doing it.” [Scroll down to watch Tucker in a clip.]
Below, Chris talks more about his character’s relationship with Cooper’s.
“Silver Linings Playbook” opens in theaters today. Rounding out the cast: Robert DeNiro plays Pat’s Philadelphia Eagles-obsessed father and Jennifer Lawrence plays a woman who falls for Pat after meeting him in the psychiatric hospital. Below, watch Chris Tucker in a clip from the film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here