Apparently he didn’t leave a good impression, somehow encouraging a convicted pervert to run.
Former Congressman Mel Reynolds who was convicted of having a sexual relationship with an underage campaign worker in 1995, announced his candidacy for Jackson’s old job. Not only did he have sex with a minor, but he also got caught with child porn and participating in wire fraud.
He’s going for the whole ‘I’m a better person’ thing. Reynolds spoke in front of a sign that read, “Redemption,” acknowledging that he’s made some mistakes in his life, but no one is perfect.
In the meantime, there’s word that Jackson may have gotten tipped off about the federal investigation and decided to go ‘nuts’ before he got caught up in any handcuffs.
And the plot thickens.
He resigned from his position after being reelected for a ninth term.
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- IK Enemkpali Once Punched Man He Thought Was a Female Prostitute
- Hillary Clinton Disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Cleveland (Video)
- Ex NFLer Jonathan Martin Talks of Suicide Attempts, Never Being ‘Black Enough’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here