Apparently he didn’t leave a good impression, somehow encouraging a convicted pervert to run.
Former Congressman Mel Reynolds who was convicted of having a sexual relationship with an underage campaign worker in 1995, announced his candidacy for Jackson’s old job. Not only did he have sex with a minor, but he also got caught with child porn and participating in wire fraud.
He’s going for the whole ‘I’m a better person’ thing. Reynolds spoke in front of a sign that read, “Redemption,” acknowledging that he’s made some mistakes in his life, but no one is perfect.
In the meantime, there’s word that Jackson may have gotten tipped off about the federal investigation and decided to go ‘nuts’ before he got caught up in any handcuffs.
And the plot thickens.
He resigned from his position after being reelected for a ninth term.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here