Apparently he didn’t leave a good impression, somehow encouraging a convicted pervert to run.
Former Congressman Mel Reynolds who was convicted of having a sexual relationship with an underage campaign worker in 1995, announced his candidacy for Jackson’s old job. Not only did he have sex with a minor, but he also got caught with child porn and participating in wire fraud.
He’s going for the whole ‘I’m a better person’ thing. Reynolds spoke in front of a sign that read, “Redemption,” acknowledging that he’s made some mistakes in his life, but no one is perfect.
In the meantime, there’s word that Jackson may have gotten tipped off about the federal investigation and decided to go ‘nuts’ before he got caught up in any handcuffs.
And the plot thickens.
He resigned from his position after being reelected for a ninth term.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Syreeta 'The Trumpet Lady' Thompson Releases Digital Single
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here