Apparently he didn’t leave a good impression, somehow encouraging a convicted pervert to run.
Former Congressman Mel Reynolds who was convicted of having a sexual relationship with an underage campaign worker in 1995, announced his candidacy for Jackson’s old job. Not only did he have sex with a minor, but he also got caught with child porn and participating in wire fraud.
He’s going for the whole ‘I’m a better person’ thing. Reynolds spoke in front of a sign that read, “Redemption,” acknowledging that he’s made some mistakes in his life, but no one is perfect.
In the meantime, there’s word that Jackson may have gotten tipped off about the federal investigation and decided to go ‘nuts’ before he got caught up in any handcuffs.
And the plot thickens.
He resigned from his position after being reelected for a ninth term.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addition Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here