Charges alleging domestic violence filed against Bryant will not be dismissed, according to Dallas County district attorney Craig Watkins.
Watkins’ office confirmed to ESPNdallas.com on Wednesday that it has accepted the Class A misdemeanor family violence charges from the DeSoto Police Department and the case is under review.
Earlier Wednesday, Watkins told The Dallas Morning News at a speaking engagement that his office will decide the proper way to move forward regarding the prosecution of Bryant. The charges stem from a July 14 disturbance in which Bryant was accused of slapping his mother, Angela Bryant, in the face with his cap.
However, Angela Bryant told authorities in late July that she did not want to pursue charges.
“We have victims every day that file affidavits of non-prosecution,” Watkins told the Dallas Morning News. “We take those into consideration but we take other issues into consideration, too … so that’s just one element of the prosecution that we consider.”
Read/learn more at ESPN.
Watch this report on the case from NBCdfw.com:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here