Charges alleging domestic violence filed against Bryant will not be dismissed, according to Dallas County district attorney Craig Watkins.
Watkins’ office confirmed to ESPNdallas.com on Wednesday that it has accepted the Class A misdemeanor family violence charges from the DeSoto Police Department and the case is under review.
Earlier Wednesday, Watkins told The Dallas Morning News at a speaking engagement that his office will decide the proper way to move forward regarding the prosecution of Bryant. The charges stem from a July 14 disturbance in which Bryant was accused of slapping his mother, Angela Bryant, in the face with his cap.
However, Angela Bryant told authorities in late July that she did not want to pursue charges.
“We have victims every day that file affidavits of non-prosecution,” Watkins told the Dallas Morning News. “We take those into consideration but we take other issues into consideration, too … so that’s just one element of the prosecution that we consider.”
Read/learn more at ESPN.
Watch this report on the case from NBCdfw.com:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here