Charges alleging domestic violence filed against Bryant will not be dismissed, according to Dallas County district attorney Craig Watkins.
Watkins’ office confirmed to ESPNdallas.com on Wednesday that it has accepted the Class A misdemeanor family violence charges from the DeSoto Police Department and the case is under review.
Earlier Wednesday, Watkins told The Dallas Morning News at a speaking engagement that his office will decide the proper way to move forward regarding the prosecution of Bryant. The charges stem from a July 14 disturbance in which Bryant was accused of slapping his mother, Angela Bryant, in the face with his cap.
However, Angela Bryant told authorities in late July that she did not want to pursue charges.
“We have victims every day that file affidavits of non-prosecution,” Watkins told the Dallas Morning News. “We take those into consideration but we take other issues into consideration, too … so that’s just one element of the prosecution that we consider.”
Read/learn more at ESPN.
Watch this report on the case from NBCdfw.com:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here