Charges alleging domestic violence filed against Bryant will not be dismissed, according to Dallas County district attorney Craig Watkins.
Watkins’ office confirmed to ESPNdallas.com on Wednesday that it has accepted the Class A misdemeanor family violence charges from the DeSoto Police Department and the case is under review.
Earlier Wednesday, Watkins told The Dallas Morning News at a speaking engagement that his office will decide the proper way to move forward regarding the prosecution of Bryant. The charges stem from a July 14 disturbance in which Bryant was accused of slapping his mother, Angela Bryant, in the face with his cap.
However, Angela Bryant told authorities in late July that she did not want to pursue charges.
“We have victims every day that file affidavits of non-prosecution,” Watkins told the Dallas Morning News. “We take those into consideration but we take other issues into consideration, too … so that’s just one element of the prosecution that we consider.”
Read/learn more at ESPN.
Watch this report on the case from NBCdfw.com:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here