He didn’t take the charges too well and turned the tables harshly.
In a radio interview with Dallas radio station KRLD-FM 105.3, Sanders responded to the allegations about his charter school. The NFL Hall of Famer also called the reporter a racist.
“First of all, this all started mainly by a Caucasian reporter from a news station, Channel 8, you know who I’m talking about, and he seems like he’s the African-American killer.”
He said this whole thing is all about race.
“It’s always something against a brother. And that bothers me. I’ve never been accused of cheating with anything, in any sports, in any arena, in my life.”
Sanders, whose charter school is state funded and offers tuition free education for Kindergarten through 5th grade in Fort Worth, Texas, and 6th through 12th grade in Oak Cliff, Texas, said he has nothing to gain from the athletic success of his school.
“I’m trying to get kids to college, the majority of my kids don’t even play sports,” Sanders said.
Oh yeah, at this point, he’s also thinking of filing a lawsuit against the writer.
Listen to the interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here