*Deion Sanders is headed to Texas for college.
Deion Sanders Jr., a senior wide receiver at the Atlanta Sports Academy, received an offer from Southern Methodist University early Tuesday and committed to the Mustangs on the spot, according to PonyPride.com.
“It feels great knowing my hard work paid off and I am a part of this great program,” Sanders Jr. said. “Coach Jones and Coach Phillips are very close with the NFL, so their coaching ability is very good and I saw what Coach Phillips did with Houston and know his expertise can help me get to the next level.”
The 5-foot-7, 170-pound athlete had interest from Central Florida, South Florida and Rutgers, but he knew SMU was the place for him.
“Growing up in Dallas, it’s nice to know I will be able to play in front of my dad and my mother. SMU, academically, is a great school, but I think I can help take this program to the top and turn everybody’s world upside down and hopefully get a chance to play in the NFL like my father.”
Sanders Jr. will enroll at SMU in January.
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here