*Deion Sanders is headed to Texas for college.
Deion Sanders Jr., a senior wide receiver at the Atlanta Sports Academy, received an offer from Southern Methodist University early Tuesday and committed to the Mustangs on the spot, according to PonyPride.com.
“It feels great knowing my hard work paid off and I am a part of this great program,” Sanders Jr. said. “Coach Jones and Coach Phillips are very close with the NFL, so their coaching ability is very good and I saw what Coach Phillips did with Houston and know his expertise can help me get to the next level.”
The 5-foot-7, 170-pound athlete had interest from Central Florida, South Florida and Rutgers, but he knew SMU was the place for him.
“Growing up in Dallas, it’s nice to know I will be able to play in front of my dad and my mother. SMU, academically, is a great school, but I think I can help take this program to the top and turn everybody’s world upside down and hopefully get a chance to play in the NFL like my father.”
Sanders Jr. will enroll at SMU in January.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here