*Deion Sanders is headed to Texas for college.
Deion Sanders Jr., a senior wide receiver at the Atlanta Sports Academy, received an offer from Southern Methodist University early Tuesday and committed to the Mustangs on the spot, according to PonyPride.com.
“It feels great knowing my hard work paid off and I am a part of this great program,” Sanders Jr. said. “Coach Jones and Coach Phillips are very close with the NFL, so their coaching ability is very good and I saw what Coach Phillips did with Houston and know his expertise can help me get to the next level.”
The 5-foot-7, 170-pound athlete had interest from Central Florida, South Florida and Rutgers, but he knew SMU was the place for him.
“Growing up in Dallas, it’s nice to know I will be able to play in front of my dad and my mother. SMU, academically, is a great school, but I think I can help take this program to the top and turn everybody’s world upside down and hopefully get a chance to play in the NFL like my father.”
Sanders Jr. will enroll at SMU in January.
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here