*For nine seasons, Della Reese was the head angel in charge on the CBS series “Touched by an Angel.”
This weekend, she puts on the proverbial wings again – or does she? – in a holiday film for the God-friendly cable channel GMC.
“Christmas Angel” (premiering Saturday Nov. 24 and re-airing Sunday Nov. 25 at 7, 9 and 11 p.m. EST) stars the veteran actress as a mysterious lady who is thought to be an angel by the girl next door, Olivia. When the woman moves into the home, Christmas wishes suddenly begin to come true for people in the town, leading Olivia to believe that her neighbor was sent directly from the heavens.
Turns out the woman, Elsie Waybright, was a famous singer who hadn’t had a hit in years. The fame is long gone and she has moved into the vacant house – disgruntled and toting a bunch of secrets.
“[It’s] about this woman who had been a major star and now here she was with something, a disability; nobody that she knew, no husband that she loved. She had had three [husbands],” said Reese. “And she couldn’t find her daughter – all of these things because of her career. And to see how she worked this out with this child, Olivia, is magnificent.
“[The role] was very interesting for me because it gave me a chance to tell people who think that being in showbusiness is just excitement, and they send the limousine and they take you up to the stars and they dress you in minks and things of the nature, but they don’t tell about when the hit records don’t come anymore.”
Below, Reese remembers her original angel – Tess, and the lasting impact that character has had on fans, as well as her career.
Watch the promo for “Christmas Angel” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here