*Kelsey Grammer seems to believe that his political leanings are to blame — not just for the cancellation of his Starz series “Boss,” but also for his Emmy snub earlier this year after earning a Golden Globe for the role.
“It’s hard to figure,” Grammer told Jay Leno. “It may have to do with several things, honestly, but I think it’s possible, I mean, I am a, I’m a declared out of the closet Republican in Hollywood.”
He added: “Do I believe it’s possible that some young person, young voting actor, or even older voting member for the Emmys, would sit there and go, ‘Yeah, that’s a great performance, but oooooh, I just hate everything he stands for?’” He then answered sarcastically: “I don’t believe that’s possible.”
As previously reported, the network announced Tuesday that low ratings are the reason behind the show’s demise after two seasons The Lionsgate drama’s sophomore year averaged 937,000 viewers, down from its first-year average of 1.1 million.
During season 2 interviews in July, Grammer had another idea of why his performance of Mayor Tom Kane didn’t earn an Emmy – a prize that went to “Homeland’s” Damien Lewis.
“I didn’t get a SAG nomination, so I figured a lot of the same people were probably voting for the Emmy, and to me, I kind of thought I wouldn’t get one, honestly, because it didn’t happen the first time [in season 1],” he said. “Why would it happen next [season]? For some reason, my peers don’t seem to think this is worth recognizing.”
Below, Grammer told us in July that despite his right of center politics, he was well-received in the liberal-soaked city of Chicago, where the series was set and filmed on location.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here