*Kelsey Grammer seems to believe that his political leanings are to blame — not just for the cancellation of his Starz series “Boss,” but also for his Emmy snub earlier this year after earning a Golden Globe for the role.
“It’s hard to figure,” Grammer told Jay Leno. “It may have to do with several things, honestly, but I think it’s possible, I mean, I am a, I’m a declared out of the closet Republican in Hollywood.”
He added: “Do I believe it’s possible that some young person, young voting actor, or even older voting member for the Emmys, would sit there and go, ‘Yeah, that’s a great performance, but oooooh, I just hate everything he stands for?’” He then answered sarcastically: “I don’t believe that’s possible.”
As previously reported, the network announced Tuesday that low ratings are the reason behind the show’s demise after two seasons The Lionsgate drama’s sophomore year averaged 937,000 viewers, down from its first-year average of 1.1 million.
During season 2 interviews in July, Grammer had another idea of why his performance of Mayor Tom Kane didn’t earn an Emmy – a prize that went to “Homeland’s” Damien Lewis.
“I didn’t get a SAG nomination, so I figured a lot of the same people were probably voting for the Emmy, and to me, I kind of thought I wouldn’t get one, honestly, because it didn’t happen the first time [in season 1],” he said. “Why would it happen next [season]? For some reason, my peers don’t seem to think this is worth recognizing.”
Below, Grammer told us in July that despite his right of center politics, he was well-received in the liberal-soaked city of Chicago, where the series was set and filmed on location.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here