*(Via Politico) – Eating Papa John’s has gone political.
More than 17,000 Facebook users plan to eat at the pizza chain on Friday to support the company’s founder and CEO, John Schnatter, who has said President Barack Obama’s health care reform law will cause prices to jump by 11 to 14 cents per pizza, and has said employee hours may be scaled back.
“Schnatter has received intense media scrutiny in addition to being demonized as an evil rich guy by the Left,” the event’s Facebook description reads. “Obamacare is a fiscal nightmare and because of it, many small businesses aren’t hiring now. Some are even closing their doors. Obamacare is now, as John Boehner said, ‘the law of the land.’ In solidarity with John H. Schnatter, we propose that November, 16th, 2012 be National Papa John’s Appreciation Day. The Left thinks we are discouraged; they think they have won. Let’s send a clear message this Friday, like we did on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, that we are here to stay and that we won’t stop fighting.”
Read/learn more at Politico.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here