*(Via Politico) – Eating Papa John’s has gone political.
More than 17,000 Facebook users plan to eat at the pizza chain on Friday to support the company’s founder and CEO, John Schnatter, who has said President Barack Obama’s health care reform law will cause prices to jump by 11 to 14 cents per pizza, and has said employee hours may be scaled back.
“Schnatter has received intense media scrutiny in addition to being demonized as an evil rich guy by the Left,” the event’s Facebook description reads. “Obamacare is a fiscal nightmare and because of it, many small businesses aren’t hiring now. Some are even closing their doors. Obamacare is now, as John Boehner said, ‘the law of the land.’ In solidarity with John H. Schnatter, we propose that November, 16th, 2012 be National Papa John’s Appreciation Day. The Left thinks we are discouraged; they think they have won. Let’s send a clear message this Friday, like we did on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, that we are here to stay and that we won’t stop fighting.”
Read/learn more at Politico.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here