*Elmo voice Kevin Clash, 52, has been accused by a 23-year-old man of having a sexual relationship with him seven years ago, when he was aged 16, TMZ reports.
The puppeteer denies the allegations, but has decided to take a leave of absence from the hit PBS show until the matter is resolved. The accuser reportedly met with lawyers at Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization behind the TV program, and disclosed that he and Kevin began a sexual relationship seven years ago when he was underage.
Although the voice actor admits he had a relationship with this person, he says it was only after the boy turned 18.
“Kevin insists that these allegations are false and defamatory and he has taken actions to protect his reputation,” Sesame Workshop execs told TMZ. “We have granted him a leave of absence to do so.”
The company also said they conducted a thorough investigation, but the evidence of an inappropriate sexual relationship was “unsubstantiated.” However, the accuser said the company tried to keep him quiet, so he lawyered up with Andreozzi and Associates — the same firm that represented one of the victims in the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case.
“I had a relationship with [the accuser],” Kevin told TMZ. “It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here