*Elmo voice Kevin Clash, 52, has been accused by a 23-year-old man of having a sexual relationship with him seven years ago, when he was aged 16, TMZ reports.
The puppeteer denies the allegations, but has decided to take a leave of absence from the hit PBS show until the matter is resolved. The accuser reportedly met with lawyers at Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization behind the TV program, and disclosed that he and Kevin began a sexual relationship seven years ago when he was underage.
Although the voice actor admits he had a relationship with this person, he says it was only after the boy turned 18.
“Kevin insists that these allegations are false and defamatory and he has taken actions to protect his reputation,” Sesame Workshop execs told TMZ. “We have granted him a leave of absence to do so.”
The company also said they conducted a thorough investigation, but the evidence of an inappropriate sexual relationship was “unsubstantiated.” However, the accuser said the company tried to keep him quiet, so he lawyered up with Andreozzi and Associates — the same firm that represented one of the victims in the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse case.
“I had a relationship with [the accuser],” Kevin told TMZ. “It was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here