*Covering for EURweb at the 2012 “Soul Train Awards” in Las Vegas this year was our associate, Cherise Nicole, also known as CNikky.
(By the way, the show airs this Sunday at 8pm E/P on Centric and BET)
Anyway, Cherise just had to ask some of your favorite celebrities about their fondest memories of Soul Train. Charlie Wilson, SWV, Ginuwine and Tank, Tony Rock, Luke James, Leah Labelle, Kid (Kid N Play), Goapele and 80′s Diva Karyn White all stopped to talk about the Soul Train line, Don Cornelius, the Soul Train dancers and lip singing!
“I remember Jody Watley, Jeffrey Daniels and Shalimar..rocking the big hair in the 80′s…I still got the bog hair!”
“One thing I remember about “Soul Train” is everyone had to lip sing and the only people they let sing were Marvin Gaye and Patti Labelle! And I couldn’t figure that out! I’m like we got a little something to Hey Don!”
Christopher “Kid” Reid (Kid N Play):
“The first time we were on..they allowed Play and I to go down the ‘Soul Train Line.’ They never let artist do that!….I was like, I could die today. You couldn’t tell me I didn’t make it. I’m gettin it! I’m riding round and I’m gettin it!”
Let’s go to the video to find out what the other celebs, including Charlie Wilson, had to say about their “Soul Train” experiences:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here