*We don’t hear a lot about people waiting for sex anymore, but there are increasing numbers of empowered Christian women refusing to give their bodies away before marriage, says EEW Magazine.
Boxing champ Evander Holyfield’s 27-year-old daughter, Evette Holyfield, is one of them.
In an interview with Essence.com, Holyfield opens up about how, at first, her father and later, her Christian faith, played a huge role in her decision to wait.
“We grew up in a Christian home. When I was around six years old, my dad said to me, ‘You don’t need to have sex outside of marriage.’ He went through the whole spiel with me. So as I grew up, I thought, okay dad, if you don’t want me to do it, I’m not gonna do it,” she shares.
Read the full interview at EEW Magazine.
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here