*We don’t hear a lot about people waiting for sex anymore, but there are increasing numbers of empowered Christian women refusing to give their bodies away before marriage, says EEW Magazine.
Boxing champ Evander Holyfield’s 27-year-old daughter, Evette Holyfield, is one of them.
In an interview with Essence.com, Holyfield opens up about how, at first, her father and later, her Christian faith, played a huge role in her decision to wait.
“We grew up in a Christian home. When I was around six years old, my dad said to me, ‘You don’t need to have sex outside of marriage.’ He went through the whole spiel with me. So as I grew up, I thought, okay dad, if you don’t want me to do it, I’m not gonna do it,” she shares.
Read the full interview at EEW Magazine.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here