*We don’t hear a lot about people waiting for sex anymore, but there are increasing numbers of empowered Christian women refusing to give their bodies away before marriage, says EEW Magazine.
Boxing champ Evander Holyfield’s 27-year-old daughter, Evette Holyfield, is one of them.
In an interview with Essence.com, Holyfield opens up about how, at first, her father and later, her Christian faith, played a huge role in her decision to wait.
“We grew up in a Christian home. When I was around six years old, my dad said to me, ‘You don’t need to have sex outside of marriage.’ He went through the whole spiel with me. So as I grew up, I thought, okay dad, if you don’t want me to do it, I’m not gonna do it,” she shares.
Read the full interview at EEW Magazine.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here