“I’m a little nervous to be honest,” said longtime newsman Lester Holt. “I have to be on my A-Game. He’s pretty good. I’ve been watching him.”
Stefan has been on NBC 5 in Chicago as the morning news anchor since 2011. He married his college sweetheart. So he’s pretty much made roots in the Windy City.
So as their first Thanksgiving together as a newlywed couple, they’ll spend it with Lester and his wife Carol. But mom and pop will be flying in from New York.
“It’s the first time we’re doing Thanksgiving dinner,” Stefan said of he and wife Morgan. “We’re going to give it a try.”
Lester described how he got the gig co-hosting with his son:
“I asked him: You’re not working on Thanksgiving are you?” Lester said. “He said, ‘Actually I am.’ I said, if you guys are short, if Daniella Guzman wants the day off, I can fill in.'”
Lester said he was joking, but Stefan suggested that maybe his dad could help out on the noon show the day after.
“He’s the hardest working man in television and he was looking for an excuse to work,” Stefan said.
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here