“I’m a little nervous to be honest,” said longtime newsman Lester Holt. “I have to be on my A-Game. He’s pretty good. I’ve been watching him.”
Stefan has been on NBC 5 in Chicago as the morning news anchor since 2011. He married his college sweetheart. So he’s pretty much made roots in the Windy City.
So as their first Thanksgiving together as a newlywed couple, they’ll spend it with Lester and his wife Carol. But mom and pop will be flying in from New York.
“It’s the first time we’re doing Thanksgiving dinner,” Stefan said of he and wife Morgan. “We’re going to give it a try.”
Lester described how he got the gig co-hosting with his son:
“I asked him: You’re not working on Thanksgiving are you?” Lester said. “He said, ‘Actually I am.’ I said, if you guys are short, if Daniella Guzman wants the day off, I can fill in.'”
Lester said he was joking, but Stefan suggested that maybe his dad could help out on the noon show the day after.
“He’s the hardest working man in television and he was looking for an excuse to work,” Stefan said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here