The preacher delivered his first sermon as head pastor Sunday morning, igniting a new excitement in the congregation.
Addressing worshipers, a seemingly nervous Boyd used parables to talk about forgiveness, says the L.A. Times. But to the thousands in the packed room, the message was clear: A new leader was at the helm to restore the image of the oldest black pulpit in Los Angeles.
“Holding grudges cripples the soul,” Boyd said. “It makes you weak… The time has come to cleanse us and welcome us in the favors of God.”
A week ago, Bishop T. Larry Kirkland unexpectedly reassigned the former pastor, John J. Hunter, after a controversial eight years that included a sexual harassment lawsuit, a federal tax investigation and questionable use of church credit cards.
Check out the full article here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here