She has since been on Broadway and received a Grammy Award nomination for “Ain’t Misbehavin,” and also took a stab as a top 4 finalist on “The Voice.”
She released her new single, “Love’s Got a Hold On Me” earlier this year, leading fans to her new album, “Just Frenchie.”
“It’s all my own work, my style, my message with no outside influences, unlike my time on The Voice,” she says in an interview with Yahoo Voices.
“On The Voice, every song we sang, was chosen for us, we had minimal say. The producers of the show chose our audition song and throughout the competition, our songs were selected for us by our team leaders.”
Frenchie’s life of fame started straight after graduating from Howard University, where she studied music.
Before she could even wallow in the moment of academic freedom, she was off to Europe for a tour of a completely German production.
Check out what she says about the experience at Yahoo.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fans Blast Nicki Minaj's Narcissistic Reaction to Zendaya’s Barbie
- Kanye Performing at DNC Fundraiser, Kim Expecting Son on Christmas Day
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here