She has since been on Broadway and received a Grammy Award nomination for “Ain’t Misbehavin,” and also took a stab as a top 4 finalist on “The Voice.”
She released her new single, “Love’s Got a Hold On Me” earlier this year, leading fans to her new album, “Just Frenchie.”
“It’s all my own work, my style, my message with no outside influences, unlike my time on The Voice,” she says in an interview with Yahoo Voices.
“On The Voice, every song we sang, was chosen for us, we had minimal say. The producers of the show chose our audition song and throughout the competition, our songs were selected for us by our team leaders.”
Frenchie’s life of fame started straight after graduating from Howard University, where she studied music.
Before she could even wallow in the moment of academic freedom, she was off to Europe for a tour of a completely German production.
Check out what she says about the experience at Yahoo.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here