She has since been on Broadway and received a Grammy Award nomination for “Ain’t Misbehavin,” and also took a stab as a top 4 finalist on “The Voice.”
She released her new single, “Love’s Got a Hold On Me” earlier this year, leading fans to her new album, “Just Frenchie.”
“It’s all my own work, my style, my message with no outside influences, unlike my time on The Voice,” she says in an interview with Yahoo Voices.
“On The Voice, every song we sang, was chosen for us, we had minimal say. The producers of the show chose our audition song and throughout the competition, our songs were selected for us by our team leaders.”
Frenchie’s life of fame started straight after graduating from Howard University, where she studied music.
Before she could even wallow in the moment of academic freedom, she was off to Europe for a tour of a completely German production.
Check out what she says about the experience at Yahoo.com.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here