She has since been on Broadway and received a Grammy Award nomination for “Ain’t Misbehavin,” and also took a stab as a top 4 finalist on “The Voice.”
She released her new single, “Love’s Got a Hold On Me” earlier this year, leading fans to her new album, “Just Frenchie.”
“It’s all my own work, my style, my message with no outside influences, unlike my time on The Voice,” she says in an interview with Yahoo Voices.
“On The Voice, every song we sang, was chosen for us, we had minimal say. The producers of the show chose our audition song and throughout the competition, our songs were selected for us by our team leaders.”
Frenchie’s life of fame started straight after graduating from Howard University, where she studied music.
Before she could even wallow in the moment of academic freedom, she was off to Europe for a tour of a completely German production.
Check out what she says about the experience at Yahoo.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here