She has since been on Broadway and received a Grammy Award nomination for “Ain’t Misbehavin,” and also took a stab as a top 4 finalist on “The Voice.”
She released her new single, “Love’s Got a Hold On Me” earlier this year, leading fans to her new album, “Just Frenchie.”
“It’s all my own work, my style, my message with no outside influences, unlike my time on The Voice,” she says in an interview with Yahoo Voices.
“On The Voice, every song we sang, was chosen for us, we had minimal say. The producers of the show chose our audition song and throughout the competition, our songs were selected for us by our team leaders.”
Frenchie’s life of fame started straight after graduating from Howard University, where she studied music.
Before she could even wallow in the moment of academic freedom, she was off to Europe for a tour of a completely German production.
Check out what she says about the experience at Yahoo.com.
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here