*Election officials in Georgia are denying allegations that Usher was given “preferential treatment” after the R&B singer was whisked to the front of the line at a polling station in Atlanta.
Ursh cast his ballot at a community center in the suburb of Roswell, where workers were accused of allowing the singer to skip the long line because of his celebrity status.
Some of the folks in that line vented to local news station WSBT and county election officials have now released a statement defending their decision to take the star through a back entrance.
The statement, released to WSBT reads: “(The) Poll Manager… was directed to ensure that Mr. Raymond’s presence would not become a distraction by taking necessary measures to move Mr. Raymond through the process as expeditiously as possible. At no point was this decision made for preferential treatment, but to minimize and avoid a distraction at the poll.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here