*Election officials in Georgia are denying allegations that Usher was given “preferential treatment” after the R&B singer was whisked to the front of the line at a polling station in Atlanta.
Ursh cast his ballot at a community center in the suburb of Roswell, where workers were accused of allowing the singer to skip the long line because of his celebrity status.
Some of the folks in that line vented to local news station WSBT and county election officials have now released a statement defending their decision to take the star through a back entrance.
The statement, released to WSBT reads: “(The) Poll Manager… was directed to ensure that Mr. Raymond’s presence would not become a distraction by taking necessary measures to move Mr. Raymond through the process as expeditiously as possible. At no point was this decision made for preferential treatment, but to minimize and avoid a distraction at the poll.”
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here