*Before the election, while D.L. Hughley and Lupe Fiasco were fighting about whether or not it’s dumb to pass up a voting opportunity, First Lady Michelle Obama, as usual, was doing her thang and getting the young folks excited in her own ingenious fashion. It’s all about the marketing baby.
She spoke with 102 JAMZ/Orlando about the Old School jams on her iPod (Heavy D and a little Chubb Rock) along with her healthy lifestyle campaign.
Since the beginning, the hip mom and unofficial second in command has been pushing the health agenda hard, using music as her vehicle to reach the youth.
Last year she surprised the nation with a rendition of Beyoncé’s “Get Me Bodied” along with a workout routine for the Let’s Move! Campaign.
Like EURweb on Facebook
She says Hip Hop helps keep people interested in the cause, while her husband certainly has won over a new age of voters because of it.
Despite her love for Hip Hop, and her hubby’s commitment to the rap world, she still takes it slow on occasion with a little bit of Eric Benet.
Not too long ago, she complimented the singer backstage after a special White House concert.
“It was very cool meeting her,” Eric Benet told CBS Local. “She told me that she is my greatest fan and that there is not a time when she’s flying in a plane or helicopter when she is not listening to one or all of my CDs.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here