*Hostess, the maker of iconic treats like Twinkies, is shuttering its plants and liquidating its 82-year-old business.
A victim of changing consumer tastes, high commodity costs and strained labor relations, Hostess ultimately was brought to its knees by a national strike orchestrated by its second-largest union.
Read/learn more at WSJ.com.
Earlier, we reported …
Hostess is America’s beloved treat maker that we’ve coveted for nearly a century. We’ve hid their goodies from family members, congratulated children with them, and we all have a chosen favorite from their decadent list of sweets.
But the bread and baked good company may be closing its doors permanently after the company’s workers launched a strike on Monday, according to the Wall Street Journal. The report says that the company was already in the midst of bankruptcy and they are going to begin liquidation of the entire company if the strike doesn’t end by 5pm tonight. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here