*Hostess, the maker of iconic treats like Twinkies, is shuttering its plants and liquidating its 82-year-old business.
A victim of changing consumer tastes, high commodity costs and strained labor relations, Hostess ultimately was brought to its knees by a national strike orchestrated by its second-largest union.
Read/learn more at WSJ.com.
Earlier, we reported …
Hostess is America’s beloved treat maker that we’ve coveted for nearly a century. We’ve hid their goodies from family members, congratulated children with them, and we all have a chosen favorite from their decadent list of sweets.
But the bread and baked good company may be closing its doors permanently after the company’s workers launched a strike on Monday, according to the Wall Street Journal. The report says that the company was already in the midst of bankruptcy and they are going to begin liquidation of the entire company if the strike doesn’t end by 5pm tonight. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here