*Hostess, the maker of iconic treats like Twinkies, is shuttering its plants and liquidating its 82-year-old business.
A victim of changing consumer tastes, high commodity costs and strained labor relations, Hostess ultimately was brought to its knees by a national strike orchestrated by its second-largest union.
Read/learn more at WSJ.com.
Earlier, we reported …
Hostess is America’s beloved treat maker that we’ve coveted for nearly a century. We’ve hid their goodies from family members, congratulated children with them, and we all have a chosen favorite from their decadent list of sweets.
But the bread and baked good company may be closing its doors permanently after the company’s workers launched a strike on Monday, according to the Wall Street Journal. The report says that the company was already in the midst of bankruptcy and they are going to begin liquidation of the entire company if the strike doesn’t end by 5pm tonight. (more…)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here