*Hostess, the maker of iconic treats like Twinkies, is shuttering its plants and liquidating its 82-year-old business.
A victim of changing consumer tastes, high commodity costs and strained labor relations, Hostess ultimately was brought to its knees by a national strike orchestrated by its second-largest union.
Read/learn more at WSJ.com.
Earlier, we reported …
Hostess is America’s beloved treat maker that we’ve coveted for nearly a century. We’ve hid their goodies from family members, congratulated children with them, and we all have a chosen favorite from their decadent list of sweets.
But the bread and baked good company may be closing its doors permanently after the company’s workers launched a strike on Monday, according to the Wall Street Journal. The report says that the company was already in the midst of bankruptcy and they are going to begin liquidation of the entire company if the strike doesn’t end by 5pm tonight. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here