Now songstress India.Arie went all the way in about the controversial situation, which is being slapped all over the blogosphere.
When asked what she thought about the casting choice, she said it wasn’t her place to judge. However, when she saw the images, she went off in a letter posted on NinaSimone.com.
“Yes there should be a movie made, and yes they should have chosen someone who looks like Nina Simone, especially since her race played such a pivotal role in who, what and why, she was,” India said, adding that the make up and whole giddup looks straight up “weird.”
“Does not the one Nina Simone legacy deserve better than this? If they were going to pick a person who looks nothing like Nina Simone … why not her daughter Simone *shrug* just saying …” she proposed.
She likened the snippets of what she’s seen of the filmmaking process to a parody and explained that they make her feel “sad.”
What about India playing the role?
Well, allegedly there’s been chatter about that in the past, but nothing ever came up. However, despite the ridicule she released via the letter, the singer is open to the possibility that Zoe was spiritually called to play the role.
She concluded her message saying “Viola Davis should be playing Nina Simone.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here