Now songstress India.Arie went all the way in about the controversial situation, which is being slapped all over the blogosphere.
When asked what she thought about the casting choice, she said it wasn’t her place to judge. However, when she saw the images, she went off in a letter posted on NinaSimone.com.
“Yes there should be a movie made, and yes they should have chosen someone who looks like Nina Simone, especially since her race played such a pivotal role in who, what and why, she was,” India said, adding that the make up and whole giddup looks straight up “weird.”
“Does not the one Nina Simone legacy deserve better than this? If they were going to pick a person who looks nothing like Nina Simone … why not her daughter Simone *shrug* just saying …” she proposed.
She likened the snippets of what she’s seen of the filmmaking process to a parody and explained that they make her feel “sad.”
What about India playing the role?
Well, allegedly there’s been chatter about that in the past, but nothing ever came up. However, despite the ridicule she released via the letter, the singer is open to the possibility that Zoe was spiritually called to play the role.
She concluded her message saying “Viola Davis should be playing Nina Simone.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here