His debut album was one of gospel’s top selling projects of 2011 and has earned five Stellar Award nominations for Artist of the Year, Producer of the Year, Contemporary Male of the Year, Urban Inspirational Single or Performance and Music Video of the Year
In addition to selling over 100,000 units, “Uncommon Me,” which was released August 2011, debuted at #1 on the Billboard Gospel Albums chart, #48 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, #5 on the Billboard Top Independent Albums chart, and Number #9 on the Billboard Top Internet Albums chart. His single “In The Middle” peaked at #1 on the Billboard Gospel Singles chart on December 24, 2011 and remained at Number #1 for eight straight weeks.
A native of Greensboro, NC, the singer began his music career in 1990 when he received the opportunity to sing with gospel music legend John P. Kee and New Life on the hit song “Wave It Away.” In 1996, he co-founded Men of Standard with Lowell Pye and Bryan Pierce. With a musical tenure that spanned over a decade, the trio won two Stellar Awards in 2000 and released five successful albums. Although the group was well loved, Isaac felt that God had positioned them to do things as individuals and he began his solo journey.
Since bursting out onto the scene, Isaac has rocked the stage alongside gospel greats like Kirk Franklin, Donnie McClurkin, Marvin Sapp, and Israel Houghton.
Now he’s on tour with Mary Mary for their Go Get It Tour, which kicked off Oct. 25 in Jacksonville, Fla.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here