*Now here’s a name we haven’t heard in a while. In an interview with Masha Dowell for the online magazine, Shadow and Act, actor Isaiah Washington stops in to talk about his latest projects; the book he wrote last year,” Man From Another Land,” which talks about his journey—why he became an actor; the school he founded in Sierra Leone through his nonprofit organization, The Gandobay Manga Foundation, and pan-africanism.
The actor also talks about his latest acting role in the recently released David E. Talbert movie, “Suddenly Single.”
“It’s about infidelity. It’s about real life issues,”Washington tells S and A. “The guy is lost. This man is blinded by his own success. He’s very neurotic.”
When asked if he likes playing ‘neurotic’ characters Washington, who just recently turned 49, laughs and responds,
“I enjoy bringing humanity to complex characters. I enjoy jumping into those roles.”
The actor, whose career has suffered greatly following remarks he made in a 2007 press conference, while working on the hit ABC drama, “Grey’s Anatomy,” is a big fan of writer David E. Talbert, and calls him a “genius.” He even compares Talbert to Alfred Hitchcock; but does not elaborate on the comparison. We wish he had.
The straight-to-DVD movie also stars Garcelle Beauvais. Washington is on his way to Chicago to take part in Unspeakable, a play about Illinois native and comedian Richard Pryor, at the Royal George Theatre this October.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here