*Now here’s a name we haven’t heard in a while. In an interview with Masha Dowell for the online magazine, Shadow and Act, actor Isaiah Washington stops in to talk about his latest projects; the book he wrote last year,” Man From Another Land,” which talks about his journey—why he became an actor; the school he founded in Sierra Leone through his nonprofit organization, The Gandobay Manga Foundation, and pan-africanism.
The actor also talks about his latest acting role in the recently released David E. Talbert movie, “Suddenly Single.”
“It’s about infidelity. It’s about real life issues,”Washington tells S and A. “The guy is lost. This man is blinded by his own success. He’s very neurotic.”
When asked if he likes playing ‘neurotic’ characters Washington, who just recently turned 49, laughs and responds,
“I enjoy bringing humanity to complex characters. I enjoy jumping into those roles.”
The actor, whose career has suffered greatly following remarks he made in a 2007 press conference, while working on the hit ABC drama, “Grey’s Anatomy,” is a big fan of writer David E. Talbert, and calls him a “genius.” He even compares Talbert to Alfred Hitchcock; but does not elaborate on the comparison. We wish he had.
The straight-to-DVD movie also stars Garcelle Beauvais. Washington is on his way to Chicago to take part in Unspeakable, a play about Illinois native and comedian Richard Pryor, at the Royal George Theatre this October.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here