Actually he was doing his comedy thing on stage at the Soul Train Awards and said:
“It’s like church over here. It’s like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama. Barack Obama.”
Yeah, of course it was a joke … maybe, but it was kinda funny. But, apparently it wasn’t hee-haw material for right wing pundit Noel Sheppard, at Newsbusters, who cracked:
“I guess Obama really IS the messiah.”
Suddenly it gets political, because as the Moderate Voice blog points out …
So, it’s okay to call President Obama a Communist, a terrorist lover, a Muslim, a foreigner and all manner of names, but it’s a problem when he is called a “savior?”I am pretty sure Jamie Foxx could care less what Noel Sheppard and his right wing buddies think, but it points to a deep level of hypocrisy emanating from the right wing. I don’t care much for labels and name-calling, but it’s disingenuous to go after Jamie Foxx for calling President Obama “lord and savior” while ignoring Ann Coulter calling him a “retard.”
Good point. Very good point.
Watch Jamie say it:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here