Actually he was doing his comedy thing on stage at the Soul Train Awards and said:
“It’s like church over here. It’s like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama. Barack Obama.”
Yeah, of course it was a joke … maybe, but it was kinda funny. But, apparently it wasn’t hee-haw material for right wing pundit Noel Sheppard, at Newsbusters, who cracked:
“I guess Obama really IS the messiah.”
Suddenly it gets political, because as the Moderate Voice blog points out …
So, it’s okay to call President Obama a Communist, a terrorist lover, a Muslim, a foreigner and all manner of names, but it’s a problem when he is called a “savior?”I am pretty sure Jamie Foxx could care less what Noel Sheppard and his right wing buddies think, but it points to a deep level of hypocrisy emanating from the right wing. I don’t care much for labels and name-calling, but it’s disingenuous to go after Jamie Foxx for calling President Obama “lord and savior” while ignoring Ann Coulter calling him a “retard.”
Good point. Very good point.
Watch Jamie say it:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here