Actually he was doing his comedy thing on stage at the Soul Train Awards and said:
“It’s like church over here. It’s like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama. Barack Obama.”
Yeah, of course it was a joke … maybe, but it was kinda funny. But, apparently it wasn’t hee-haw material for right wing pundit Noel Sheppard, at Newsbusters, who cracked:
“I guess Obama really IS the messiah.”
Suddenly it gets political, because as the Moderate Voice blog points out …
So, it’s okay to call President Obama a Communist, a terrorist lover, a Muslim, a foreigner and all manner of names, but it’s a problem when he is called a “savior?”I am pretty sure Jamie Foxx could care less what Noel Sheppard and his right wing buddies think, but it points to a deep level of hypocrisy emanating from the right wing. I don’t care much for labels and name-calling, but it’s disingenuous to go after Jamie Foxx for calling President Obama “lord and savior” while ignoring Ann Coulter calling him a “retard.”
Good point. Very good point.
Watch Jamie say it:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here