Actually he was doing his comedy thing on stage at the Soul Train Awards and said:
“It’s like church over here. It’s like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama. Barack Obama.”
Yeah, of course it was a joke … maybe, but it was kinda funny. But, apparently it wasn’t hee-haw material for right wing pundit Noel Sheppard, at Newsbusters, who cracked:
“I guess Obama really IS the messiah.”
Suddenly it gets political, because as the Moderate Voice blog points out …
So, it’s okay to call President Obama a Communist, a terrorist lover, a Muslim, a foreigner and all manner of names, but it’s a problem when he is called a “savior?”I am pretty sure Jamie Foxx could care less what Noel Sheppard and his right wing buddies think, but it points to a deep level of hypocrisy emanating from the right wing. I don’t care much for labels and name-calling, but it’s disingenuous to go after Jamie Foxx for calling President Obama “lord and savior” while ignoring Ann Coulter calling him a “retard.”
Good point. Very good point.
Watch Jamie say it:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here