*Jason Derulo and Jordin Sparks got their PDA on at Sunday’s red carpet for the “American Music Awards,” which made for a sweet moment in a year that saw heartache for the young couple: Jordin’s “Sparkle” mom Whitney Houston died in a tragic drowning in February, and in January, Jason fractured vertebrae in his neck while rehearsing for a tour.
Some couples who face such tragedies together often emerge with a desire to cement the relationship with a wedding ring.
“Before [the tragedies] it might have been a little too crazy,” Sparks told Us Weekly of marriage last month, adding, “You really see the people you love and you go, I don’t want to lose you. So, it’s a conversation we have, but we’re not in a rush.”\
Aside from his “American Idol” boo, Derulo says he turns to the recording booth when the uncertainty of life begins to stress him out.
“Writing songs is a release for me,” he told EURweb in August. “When my days are not going so well I go to the studio. I don’t necessarily pick up a pen because I don’t write like that. But, I go into the booth and just let ‘er rip, and just speak.”
Below, Jason, who was crowned 2011 BMI “Songwriter of the Year” for such hits as “What You Say” and “In My Head,” reveals that “all things take time” when it comes to great songwriting.
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here