*Jason Derulo and Jordin Sparks got their PDA on at Sunday’s red carpet for the “American Music Awards,” which made for a sweet moment in a year that saw heartache for the young couple: Jordin’s “Sparkle” mom Whitney Houston died in a tragic drowning in February, and in January, Jason fractured vertebrae in his neck while rehearsing for a tour.
Some couples who face such tragedies together often emerge with a desire to cement the relationship with a wedding ring.
“Before [the tragedies] it might have been a little too crazy,” Sparks told Us Weekly of marriage last month, adding, “You really see the people you love and you go, I don’t want to lose you. So, it’s a conversation we have, but we’re not in a rush.”\
Aside from his “American Idol” boo, Derulo says he turns to the recording booth when the uncertainty of life begins to stress him out.
“Writing songs is a release for me,” he told EURweb in August. “When my days are not going so well I go to the studio. I don’t necessarily pick up a pen because I don’t write like that. But, I go into the booth and just let ‘er rip, and just speak.”
Below, Jason, who was crowned 2011 BMI “Songwriter of the Year” for such hits as “What You Say” and “In My Head,” reveals that “all things take time” when it comes to great songwriting.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here