*Jason Derulo and Jordin Sparks got their PDA on at Sunday’s red carpet for the “American Music Awards,” which made for a sweet moment in a year that saw heartache for the young couple: Jordin’s “Sparkle” mom Whitney Houston died in a tragic drowning in February, and in January, Jason fractured vertebrae in his neck while rehearsing for a tour.
Some couples who face such tragedies together often emerge with a desire to cement the relationship with a wedding ring.
“Before [the tragedies] it might have been a little too crazy,” Sparks told Us Weekly of marriage last month, adding, “You really see the people you love and you go, I don’t want to lose you. So, it’s a conversation we have, but we’re not in a rush.”\
Aside from his “American Idol” boo, Derulo says he turns to the recording booth when the uncertainty of life begins to stress him out.
“Writing songs is a release for me,” he told EURweb in August. “When my days are not going so well I go to the studio. I don’t necessarily pick up a pen because I don’t write like that. But, I go into the booth and just let ‘er rip, and just speak.”
Below, Jason, who was crowned 2011 BMI “Songwriter of the Year” for such hits as “What You Say” and “In My Head,” reveals that “all things take time” when it comes to great songwriting.
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here