*Jason Derulo and Jordin Sparks got their PDA on at Sunday’s red carpet for the “American Music Awards,” which made for a sweet moment in a year that saw heartache for the young couple: Jordin’s “Sparkle” mom Whitney Houston died in a tragic drowning in February, and in January, Jason fractured vertebrae in his neck while rehearsing for a tour.
Some couples who face such tragedies together often emerge with a desire to cement the relationship with a wedding ring.
“Before [the tragedies] it might have been a little too crazy,” Sparks told Us Weekly of marriage last month, adding, “You really see the people you love and you go, I don’t want to lose you. So, it’s a conversation we have, but we’re not in a rush.”\
Aside from his “American Idol” boo, Derulo says he turns to the recording booth when the uncertainty of life begins to stress him out.
“Writing songs is a release for me,” he told EURweb in August. “When my days are not going so well I go to the studio. I don’t necessarily pick up a pen because I don’t write like that. But, I go into the booth and just let ‘er rip, and just speak.”
Below, Jason, who was crowned 2011 BMI “Songwriter of the Year” for such hits as “What You Say” and “In My Head,” reveals that “all things take time” when it comes to great songwriting.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here