*NBC’s “Smash” will return for its second season in February with Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson as Tony-winning actress Veronica Moore – and the network has just released a four-minute promo showing the star in action.
The clip shows Veronica passing along some hard-won wisdom to Karen (a reunion of sorts for fellow “American Idol” finalists Hudson and Katharine McPhee).
Also in the clip, we see a new love interest for Karen, played by “Newsies” star Jeremy Jordan; Karen stage-diving at what appears to be a gay club; major financial stumbles for producer Eileen (Anjelica Huston); a hint of trouble between songwriting partners Julia and Tom; guest stars Sean Hayes and Bernadette Peters (back as Ivy’s mom); another round of fierce competition between backstage rivals Karen and Ivy; and, of course, lots of singing.
Season 2 of “Smash” premieres Tuesday, February 5 at 9 p.m. on NBC.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here