*NBC’s “Smash” will return for its second season in February with Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson as Tony-winning actress Veronica Moore – and the network has just released a four-minute promo showing the star in action.
The clip shows Veronica passing along some hard-won wisdom to Karen (a reunion of sorts for fellow “American Idol” finalists Hudson and Katharine McPhee).
Also in the clip, we see a new love interest for Karen, played by “Newsies” star Jeremy Jordan; Karen stage-diving at what appears to be a gay club; major financial stumbles for producer Eileen (Anjelica Huston); a hint of trouble between songwriting partners Julia and Tom; guest stars Sean Hayes and Bernadette Peters (back as Ivy’s mom); another round of fierce competition between backstage rivals Karen and Ivy; and, of course, lots of singing.
Season 2 of “Smash” premieres Tuesday, February 5 at 9 p.m. on NBC.
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Harris Co., TX Sherriff Classifies Black Lives Matter as ‘Rhetoric’ Leading to Deputy’s Death
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here