Actually, according to TMZ, the change he wants to make is not as dramatic as Artest becoming Metta World Peace.
Nope, Jermaine just wants to change the spelling of his last name from Jackson to … Jacksun.
Jermaine Jackson filed a petition for a change of name with L.A. County Superior Court yesterday asking for the change in nomenclature.
In the docs, Jermaine says he wants to make the change for “artistic reasons” … but he does not give any further details about the move.
The request has NOT yet been approved by a judge — but a hearing has been scheduled.
Barring any crazy legal situations, Jermaine will be required to have his name change announced publicly several times in the next couple of months before it can be made official. A public announcement consists of having the name printed in a local publication … just like Ron Artest had to do when he changed his name to Metta World Peace.
By the way, that hearing on whether Jackson will become Jacksun is scheduled for Feb. 22 in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, there’s been no response from Jermaine Jackson, TMZ says.
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here