Actually, according to TMZ, the change he wants to make is not as dramatic as Artest becoming Metta World Peace.
Nope, Jermaine just wants to change the spelling of his last name from Jackson to … Jacksun.
Jermaine Jackson filed a petition for a change of name with L.A. County Superior Court yesterday asking for the change in nomenclature.
In the docs, Jermaine says he wants to make the change for “artistic reasons” … but he does not give any further details about the move.
The request has NOT yet been approved by a judge — but a hearing has been scheduled.
Barring any crazy legal situations, Jermaine will be required to have his name change announced publicly several times in the next couple of months before it can be made official. A public announcement consists of having the name printed in a local publication … just like Ron Artest had to do when he changed his name to Metta World Peace.
By the way, that hearing on whether Jackson will become Jacksun is scheduled for Feb. 22 in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, there’s been no response from Jermaine Jackson, TMZ says.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here