Actually, according to TMZ, the change he wants to make is not as dramatic as Artest becoming Metta World Peace.
Nope, Jermaine just wants to change the spelling of his last name from Jackson to … Jacksun.
Jermaine Jackson filed a petition for a change of name with L.A. County Superior Court yesterday asking for the change in nomenclature.
In the docs, Jermaine says he wants to make the change for “artistic reasons” … but he does not give any further details about the move.
The request has NOT yet been approved by a judge — but a hearing has been scheduled.
Barring any crazy legal situations, Jermaine will be required to have his name change announced publicly several times in the next couple of months before it can be made official. A public announcement consists of having the name printed in a local publication … just like Ron Artest had to do when he changed his name to Metta World Peace.
By the way, that hearing on whether Jackson will become Jacksun is scheduled for Feb. 22 in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, there’s been no response from Jermaine Jackson, TMZ says.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here