Actually, according to TMZ, the change he wants to make is not as dramatic as Artest becoming Metta World Peace.
Nope, Jermaine just wants to change the spelling of his last name from Jackson to … Jacksun.
Jermaine Jackson filed a petition for a change of name with L.A. County Superior Court yesterday asking for the change in nomenclature.
In the docs, Jermaine says he wants to make the change for “artistic reasons” … but he does not give any further details about the move.
The request has NOT yet been approved by a judge — but a hearing has been scheduled.
Barring any crazy legal situations, Jermaine will be required to have his name change announced publicly several times in the next couple of months before it can be made official. A public announcement consists of having the name printed in a local publication … just like Ron Artest had to do when he changed his name to Metta World Peace.
By the way, that hearing on whether Jackson will become Jacksun is scheduled for Feb. 22 in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, there’s been no response from Jermaine Jackson, TMZ says.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here