Williams has managed to find himself in the cross hairs of two law enforcement agencies in the Sacramento area after allegedly assaulting a store security guard and leading officers on a chase Sunday.
These incidents are just the latest in a string of legal problems for Williams. He was most recently arrested in Oakland on Nov. 15 on suspicion of assault. He’s also being sued because of a meltdown during an Oakland show on Nov. 16.
On Sunday afternoon, Sacramento police received a call about a disturbance at the downtown Hyatt Hotel, on L Street; Williams was not arrested. Williams was in town for a show he did on Friday.
A short time later, around 2:30 p.m., California Highway Patrol said Williams led them on a chase in a 3-wheeled motorcycle through downtown. Officers said Williams refused to stop, ran red lights, drove the wrong way down a street and almost hit five pedestrians. At one point, CHP said Williams took his helmet off and yelled “I’m not going to stop!”
Officers called off the chase for public safety reasons.
CHP said Williams’ 3-wheeled motorcycle did not have a license plate so they did not initially know who it was registered to. Officers later touched base with Sacramento police and were able to identify him. CHP plans to ask the Sacramento County District Attorney to charge Williams with felony evasion.
Around 7 p.m. Sunday, Williams allegedly assaulted a security guard at the Woodland Target. A video posted to YouTube shows Williams moments after he allegedly hit the employee. After talking to the alleged victim, witnesses and reviewing surveillance footage, Woodland police asked the Yolo County District Attorney to charge Williams with misdemeanor battery.
Read/learn more at News 10.
Watch this News 10 report on Katt Williams:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here