Over the past decade, Johnson has recorded twelve albums and numerous groundbreaking and chart-topping hit singles.
“It’s an honor to be with a fine label like EMI Gospel,” the Wonderboy says. “I am truly blessed that my brand and style of music is still relevant today. I look forward to releasing my debut project on EMI Gospel.”
Best known for his signature sound on the gospel quartet music scene, Johnson was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. He began singing at the age of five as a member of the Spiritual Voices, a group founded by his father, Phil Johnson. A former member of the world-renowned Harlem Boys Choir, Johnson’s music catalogue is rich, classic and diverse. Tagged as “the young man with the old fashioned style,” his unique voice and brand appeal to an intergenerational audience worldwide.
He is currently recording a new album, which will be released by EMI Gospel in April, 2013. The new studio album will combine Johnson’s signature sound with production by award- winning producer Daniel Weatherspoon (Donald Lawrence, VaShawn Mitchell, DeWayne Woods).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here