Over the past decade, Johnson has recorded twelve albums and numerous groundbreaking and chart-topping hit singles.
“It’s an honor to be with a fine label like EMI Gospel,” the Wonderboy says. “I am truly blessed that my brand and style of music is still relevant today. I look forward to releasing my debut project on EMI Gospel.”
Best known for his signature sound on the gospel quartet music scene, Johnson was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. He began singing at the age of five as a member of the Spiritual Voices, a group founded by his father, Phil Johnson. A former member of the world-renowned Harlem Boys Choir, Johnson’s music catalogue is rich, classic and diverse. Tagged as “the young man with the old fashioned style,” his unique voice and brand appeal to an intergenerational audience worldwide.
He is currently recording a new album, which will be released by EMI Gospel in April, 2013. The new studio album will combine Johnson’s signature sound with production by award- winning producer Daniel Weatherspoon (Donald Lawrence, VaShawn Mitchell, DeWayne Woods).
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here