Over the past decade, Johnson has recorded twelve albums and numerous groundbreaking and chart-topping hit singles.
“It’s an honor to be with a fine label like EMI Gospel,” the Wonderboy says. “I am truly blessed that my brand and style of music is still relevant today. I look forward to releasing my debut project on EMI Gospel.”
Best known for his signature sound on the gospel quartet music scene, Johnson was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. He began singing at the age of five as a member of the Spiritual Voices, a group founded by his father, Phil Johnson. A former member of the world-renowned Harlem Boys Choir, Johnson’s music catalogue is rich, classic and diverse. Tagged as “the young man with the old fashioned style,” his unique voice and brand appeal to an intergenerational audience worldwide.
He is currently recording a new album, which will be released by EMI Gospel in April, 2013. The new studio album will combine Johnson’s signature sound with production by award- winning producer Daniel Weatherspoon (Donald Lawrence, VaShawn Mitchell, DeWayne Woods).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here