Over the past decade, Johnson has recorded twelve albums and numerous groundbreaking and chart-topping hit singles.
“It’s an honor to be with a fine label like EMI Gospel,” the Wonderboy says. “I am truly blessed that my brand and style of music is still relevant today. I look forward to releasing my debut project on EMI Gospel.”
Best known for his signature sound on the gospel quartet music scene, Johnson was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. He began singing at the age of five as a member of the Spiritual Voices, a group founded by his father, Phil Johnson. A former member of the world-renowned Harlem Boys Choir, Johnson’s music catalogue is rich, classic and diverse. Tagged as “the young man with the old fashioned style,” his unique voice and brand appeal to an intergenerational audience worldwide.
He is currently recording a new album, which will be released by EMI Gospel in April, 2013. The new studio album will combine Johnson’s signature sound with production by award- winning producer Daniel Weatherspoon (Donald Lawrence, VaShawn Mitchell, DeWayne Woods).
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here