Over the past decade, Johnson has recorded twelve albums and numerous groundbreaking and chart-topping hit singles.
“It’s an honor to be with a fine label like EMI Gospel,” the Wonderboy says. “I am truly blessed that my brand and style of music is still relevant today. I look forward to releasing my debut project on EMI Gospel.”
Best known for his signature sound on the gospel quartet music scene, Johnson was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. He began singing at the age of five as a member of the Spiritual Voices, a group founded by his father, Phil Johnson. A former member of the world-renowned Harlem Boys Choir, Johnson’s music catalogue is rich, classic and diverse. Tagged as “the young man with the old fashioned style,” his unique voice and brand appeal to an intergenerational audience worldwide.
He is currently recording a new album, which will be released by EMI Gospel in April, 2013. The new studio album will combine Johnson’s signature sound with production by award- winning producer Daniel Weatherspoon (Donald Lawrence, VaShawn Mitchell, DeWayne Woods).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Donald Trump Lists Oakland as 'Most Dangerous City in the World'
- Prince’s Heirs to Release ‘Hours and Hours’ of Vault Music
- Jada Pinkett Smith on ‘Gotham’ Return; Living in All-DC Comics Household
- T.I. Backs Chris Brown's Rip of Baby Mama Over Daughter’s IG Pic (Watch)
- Student With Cerebral Palsy Shocks Graduation by Walking for 1st Time (Watch)
- Snoop Dogg Joins Lalah Hathaway to Perform 'Ghetto Boy' Today on 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Whoopi Goldberg’s Transgender Model Series ‘Strut’ Lands at Oxygen
- DJ Ruckus Addresses Tyson Beckford Brawl Over Shanina Shaik (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here