*Last month, the mother of former “Saved By The Bell” star Lark Voorhies claimed her daughter is “mentally ill,” and now the actress is speaking out to deny the claims.
In an interview with “Entertainment Tonight,” the 38-year-old responded to the allegations, telling host Christina McLarty: “I have no worries myself, nor do I exude, exhibit or possess within my living stratus any reason why someone should worry [on] my behalf. … It’s completely fictional.”
Voorhies’ mother, Tricia, told People magazine that her daughter was battling bipolar disorder, explaining, “There are things that have traumatized her. I care deeply about my daughter and I want her to resume her life.”
The 64-year-old lives with Lark, and at the time the article was published, she brushed off her mother’s concerns by telling the magazine that she isn’t sick and her mother was “over-loving.”
Tricia wasn’t the only one to make claims about the former teen star’s mental health. Her former “Saved By The Bell” co-star Dustin Diamond, told RadarOnline of a bizarre recent shoot with Voorhies on an indie movie called “Little Creeps.” At first she seemed normal, Diamond said, but as the night progressed she delayed saying her lines and went AWOL between takes.
“The person who said ‘Hi’ to me when she first showed up on-set was not the same person at the end of the night,” he said. “It was like talking to two different people.”
Reports that Voorhees was dealing with mental illness began after she began exhibiting strange behavior during a Yahoo interview last May and in a series of interviews with People, which described her mumbling to herself and abruptly stopping what she was saying.
Even in her interview with “Entertainment Tonight” the actress struggles to create coherent sentences, and when asked how she stays strong, Voorhies replied: “It’s much like fighting … when you enlist in the Army, you get yourself physically fit, mentally fit and informational-wise fit, so it’s just the same. It’s like stage boot camp. You know, you put all the right elements together and you keep them going … we have to be entertainers. This is our particular angle.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here