*Last month, the mother of former “Saved By The Bell” star Lark Voorhies claimed her daughter is “mentally ill,” and now the actress is speaking out to deny the claims.
In an interview with “Entertainment Tonight,” the 38-year-old responded to the allegations, telling host Christina McLarty: “I have no worries myself, nor do I exude, exhibit or possess within my living stratus any reason why someone should worry [on] my behalf. … It’s completely fictional.”
Voorhies’ mother, Tricia, told People magazine that her daughter was battling bipolar disorder, explaining, “There are things that have traumatized her. I care deeply about my daughter and I want her to resume her life.”
The 64-year-old lives with Lark, and at the time the article was published, she brushed off her mother’s concerns by telling the magazine that she isn’t sick and her mother was “over-loving.”
Tricia wasn’t the only one to make claims about the former teen star’s mental health. Her former “Saved By The Bell” co-star Dustin Diamond, told RadarOnline of a bizarre recent shoot with Voorhies on an indie movie called “Little Creeps.” At first she seemed normal, Diamond said, but as the night progressed she delayed saying her lines and went AWOL between takes.
“The person who said ‘Hi’ to me when she first showed up on-set was not the same person at the end of the night,” he said. “It was like talking to two different people.”
Reports that Voorhees was dealing with mental illness began after she began exhibiting strange behavior during a Yahoo interview last May and in a series of interviews with People, which described her mumbling to herself and abruptly stopping what she was saying.
Even in her interview with “Entertainment Tonight” the actress struggles to create coherent sentences, and when asked how she stays strong, Voorhies replied: “It’s much like fighting … when you enlist in the Army, you get yourself physically fit, mentally fit and informational-wise fit, so it’s just the same. It’s like stage boot camp. You know, you put all the right elements together and you keep them going … we have to be entertainers. This is our particular angle.”
- D.L. Hughley: If Trump Says 'N*gger’ He'll be Elected Tomorrow (WATCH)
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Cousin Admits Being Barred From Burial
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here