*Lenny Kravitz is set to portray music icon Marvin Gaye in director Julien Temple’s upcoming biopic about the late artist.
This will be Kravitz’s first leading role after having appeared in several other features, including “The Hunger Games” and “Precious.”
The Evening Standard is reporting that Lenny will relive the last few years of Gaye’s life in the film, covering his alcohol addiction and tax evasion while he lived in London in the early 1980s.
Marvin battled against his drug dependency after moving to Ostend, Belgium, but was shot by his own father shortly afterwards in Los Angeles in March 1984 after they argued about misplaced business documents.
Janis Gaye, the singer’s second and last wife, is said to be ”very skeptical” about how the project will turn out.
Julien Temple is best known for helming the Sex Pistols mockumentary “The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle.”
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here