*Lenny Kravitz is set to portray music icon Marvin Gaye in director Julien Temple’s upcoming biopic about the late artist.
This will be Kravitz’s first leading role after having appeared in several other features, including “The Hunger Games” and “Precious.”
The Evening Standard is reporting that Lenny will relive the last few years of Gaye’s life in the film, covering his alcohol addiction and tax evasion while he lived in London in the early 1980s.
Marvin battled against his drug dependency after moving to Ostend, Belgium, but was shot by his own father shortly afterwards in Los Angeles in March 1984 after they argued about misplaced business documents.
Janis Gaye, the singer’s second and last wife, is said to be ”very skeptical” about how the project will turn out.
Julien Temple is best known for helming the Sex Pistols mockumentary “The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here