*Lenny Kravitz is set to portray music icon Marvin Gaye in director Julien Temple’s upcoming biopic about the late artist.
This will be Kravitz’s first leading role after having appeared in several other features, including “The Hunger Games” and “Precious.”
The Evening Standard is reporting that Lenny will relive the last few years of Gaye’s life in the film, covering his alcohol addiction and tax evasion while he lived in London in the early 1980s.
Marvin battled against his drug dependency after moving to Ostend, Belgium, but was shot by his own father shortly afterwards in Los Angeles in March 1984 after they argued about misplaced business documents.
Janis Gaye, the singer’s second and last wife, is said to be ”very skeptical” about how the project will turn out.
Julien Temple is best known for helming the Sex Pistols mockumentary “The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here