*Lenny Kravitz is set to portray music icon Marvin Gaye in director Julien Temple’s upcoming biopic about the late artist.
This will be Kravitz’s first leading role after having appeared in several other features, including “The Hunger Games” and “Precious.”
The Evening Standard is reporting that Lenny will relive the last few years of Gaye’s life in the film, covering his alcohol addiction and tax evasion while he lived in London in the early 1980s.
Marvin battled against his drug dependency after moving to Ostend, Belgium, but was shot by his own father shortly afterwards in Los Angeles in March 1984 after they argued about misplaced business documents.
Janis Gaye, the singer’s second and last wife, is said to be ”very skeptical” about how the project will turn out.
Julien Temple is best known for helming the Sex Pistols mockumentary “The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle.”
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here