Another high profile rapper says he’s gonna quit the game
And who is it this time? None other than Lil Wayne. At least that’s what he says he’s gonna do upon completion of his next CD “Carter” project. The thing is, no one knows when that will be.
He’s set to release “I Am Not A Human Being II” in February, and then, as he told MTV, he’s going to look ahead to ending his career with “Tha Carter V.”
“I know y’all want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album,” Lil Wayne said. “Man, I’ve been rappin’ since I was 8 years old. I’m 30 now, man. That’s a long time.”
Keep in mind though that Weezy could drop another record or two before “Tha Carter V,” so his retirement might not be as close as it sounds. But when he does drop the mic, the rapper wants to go out on top.
“I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14 … Thank God I haven’t put out an album that hasn’t went platinum,” he said. “To just keep it going like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I’m fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great.”
Instead, Wayne is planning to be great in another field.
“I’d be a skater/sports analyst,” Wayne told MTV of his post-rap plans. “My day job will probably be sports analyst, and I’ll skate all night instead of being in the studio all night.”
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here