Another high profile rapper says he’s gonna quit the game
And who is it this time? None other than Lil Wayne. At least that’s what he says he’s gonna do upon completion of his next CD “Carter” project. The thing is, no one knows when that will be.
He’s set to release “I Am Not A Human Being II” in February, and then, as he told MTV, he’s going to look ahead to ending his career with “Tha Carter V.”
“I know y’all want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album,” Lil Wayne said. “Man, I’ve been rappin’ since I was 8 years old. I’m 30 now, man. That’s a long time.”
Keep in mind though that Weezy could drop another record or two before “Tha Carter V,” so his retirement might not be as close as it sounds. But when he does drop the mic, the rapper wants to go out on top.
“I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14 … Thank God I haven’t put out an album that hasn’t went platinum,” he said. “To just keep it going like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I’m fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great.”
Instead, Wayne is planning to be great in another field.
“I’d be a skater/sports analyst,” Wayne told MTV of his post-rap plans. “My day job will probably be sports analyst, and I’ll skate all night instead of being in the studio all night.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here