*Lil Wayne is currently working on his 10th solo album, “I Am Not a Human Being II,” but his 11th studio offering, to be titled “Tha Carter V,” will be his last, the rapper told MTV.
On Wednesday, Weezy premiered his new “No Worries” video alongside correspondent Sway Calloway. [Watch below.] When Sway asked about the sonic makeup of “Human Being II,” the rapper compared the work to what should be the next chapter in his most famous musical franchise. “It’s like a Carter V,” he said.
So why not just retitle Human “Being II” to fit the mood? “Because I know y’all want me around for a little bit, and ‘Carter V’ is my last album,” Weezy revealed. “Man, I’ve been rappin’ since I was 8 years old. I’m 30 now, man. That’s a long time, man.”
“Human Being II” will be released on Feb. 19, and after that, it’s unclear when “Tha Carter V” will come or if there will be another album between the two? What’s clear is that Wayne has other interests outside the studio, most notably his love for skateboarding and his new TrukFit clothing line. “When I love to do something, I’m fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that ‘it,’ ” he said.
“I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14. I’m 30 now. Thank God I haven’t put out an album that hasn’t went platinum,” he said. “To just keep it goin’ like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I’m fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' with KMEL & Did He Call Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here