*Lil Wayne is currently working on his 10th solo album, “I Am Not a Human Being II,” but his 11th studio offering, to be titled “Tha Carter V,” will be his last, the rapper told MTV.
On Wednesday, Weezy premiered his new “No Worries” video alongside correspondent Sway Calloway. [Watch below.] When Sway asked about the sonic makeup of “Human Being II,” the rapper compared the work to what should be the next chapter in his most famous musical franchise. “It’s like a Carter V,” he said.
So why not just retitle Human “Being II” to fit the mood? “Because I know y’all want me around for a little bit, and ‘Carter V’ is my last album,” Weezy revealed. “Man, I’ve been rappin’ since I was 8 years old. I’m 30 now, man. That’s a long time, man.”
“Human Being II” will be released on Feb. 19, and after that, it’s unclear when “Tha Carter V” will come or if there will be another album between the two? What’s clear is that Wayne has other interests outside the studio, most notably his love for skateboarding and his new TrukFit clothing line. “When I love to do something, I’m fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that ‘it,’ ” he said.
“I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14. I’m 30 now. Thank God I haven’t put out an album that hasn’t went platinum,” he said. “To just keep it goin’ like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I’m fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great.”
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- IK Enemkpali Once Punched Man He Thought Was a Female Prostitute
- Hillary Clinton Disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Cleveland (Video)
- Ex NFLer Jonathan Martin Talks of Suicide Attempts, Never Being ‘Black Enough’
- Angie Stone & Daughter Address Violent Fight with T.D. Jakes (WATCH)
- MSNBC Moves Rev. Al Sharpton’s ‘PoliticsNation’ to Sunday Mornings
- Atlanta Police Scratching Their Head About Racist Elmer Fudd Graffiti
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here