*Lil Wayne is currently working on his 10th solo album, “I Am Not a Human Being II,” but his 11th studio offering, to be titled “Tha Carter V,” will be his last, the rapper told MTV.
On Wednesday, Weezy premiered his new “No Worries” video alongside correspondent Sway Calloway. [Watch below.] When Sway asked about the sonic makeup of “Human Being II,” the rapper compared the work to what should be the next chapter in his most famous musical franchise. “It’s like a Carter V,” he said.
So why not just retitle Human “Being II” to fit the mood? “Because I know y’all want me around for a little bit, and ‘Carter V’ is my last album,” Weezy revealed. “Man, I’ve been rappin’ since I was 8 years old. I’m 30 now, man. That’s a long time, man.”
“Human Being II” will be released on Feb. 19, and after that, it’s unclear when “Tha Carter V” will come or if there will be another album between the two? What’s clear is that Wayne has other interests outside the studio, most notably his love for skateboarding and his new TrukFit clothing line. “When I love to do something, I’m fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that ‘it,’ ” he said.
“I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14. I’m 30 now. Thank God I haven’t put out an album that hasn’t went platinum,” he said. “To just keep it goin’ like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I’m fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here